ASUS Lighting software help (Solved)

I have been having trouble locating the correct ASUS lighting software to control the RGB element on my ASUS Strix Z270E Gaming MOBO. I have been through their website and downloaded what seemed to be the correct software but after installation the program would not even load. So here I am asking the best GD forum on the internet :x

@SCGazelle Yeah, that was my first stop i'm actively scouring the internet for possible fixes atm. im getting errors:

WARNING: Following frames may be wrong.
aura+0x6f0fe
aura+0x7c0b7
aura+0x46029
qt5core!QMetaObject::activate+0x4cf

when attempting to launch.

2 minutes ago, leetlabel said:

@SCGazelle Yeah, that was my first stop i'm actively scouring the internet for possible fixes atm. im getting errors:

WARNING: Following frames may be wrong.
aura+0x6f0fe
aura+0x7c0b7
aura+0x46029
qt5core!QMetaObject::activate+0x4cf

when attempting to launch.

Do you have any other RGB components that require their own respective software in your system? Also, have you tried reinstalling Aura?

2 minutes ago, SCGazelle said:

Do you have any other RGB components that require their own respective software in your system? Also, have you tried reinstalling Aura?

I have some software that controls some RGB elements of my GPU and CPU cooler. I am in the process of uninstalling them to see if they are conflicting with Aura. Updates to follow shortly.

@SCGazelle No luck with removing all other RGB controlling software then reinstalling Aura. Even to a different file location no luck.

Hmm. OK. I found this file on the ROG forums that claims to do something to a problem similar to yours:

You can try the AURA cleaner tool, please download it at the link below:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8...UJGTTZrcExfSkE
Remember to restart system after running the cleaner.

- Bahz in this thread (https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?95070-AURA-V1-05-16-Report-all-isues-in-this-thread/page11)

@SCGazelle Hmm seems to be a dead link... let the quest continue. And thank you for lending a hand!

30 minutes ago, leetlabel said:

@SCGazelle Hmm seems to be a dead link... let the quest continue. And thank you for lending a hand!

the link in the quote I copied looked to be a shortened one that would of been translated to the right one by the rog software. Here's the full one,  not sure if it will end up any different though

though of course, be warry of this download since I can't confirm that it's safe

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8hXL86D6YHUQUJGTTZrcExfSkE/view

37 minutes ago, SCGazelle said:

the link in the quote I copied looked to be a shortened one that would of been translated to the right one by the rog software. Here's the full one,  not sure if it will end up any different though

though of course, be warry of this download since I can't confirm that it's safe

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8hXL86D6YHUQUJGTTZrcExfSkE/view

FIXED:

Verified no other Asus Aura software files or folders existed on my system. Rebooted my system. Before you unzip the file and its contents right click the zipped folder hit properties located at the bottom right there is a check box for "Unblock" check that. Extract the contents, run the Setup as administrator and restart. That worked for me.

2 minutes ago, leetlabel said:

FIXED:

Verified no other Asus Aura software files or folders existed on my system. Rebooted my system. Before you unzip the file and its contents right click the zipped folder hit properties located at the bottom right there is a check box for "Unblock" check that. Extract the contents, run the Setup as administrator and restart. That worked for me.

ok. that's actually pretty good info to know about that tool. Glad you got it all figured out.