CPU Performance Degradation? (Overclocking)

Hello

I am having some weird performance fluctuations with my setup.

The last few weeks I have been playing around with CPU overclocking settings within the bios. My computer is stable at 4.4ghz.

I had been upping the voltage to around 1.325v at times, just to see if I could push my cpu anymore without no luck. (No boot, BSOD etc)

I've settled on 1.290v at 4.4ghz.

GPU is overclocked 150+ Core, 850+ Memory (no artifacts, 100% stable) - Has been fine for months

CPU Temps are under 60c, as well as GPU under 60c

A few weeks ago with exactly the same overclocking settings, graphics card overclock etc, I ran a benchmark on Valley (1080p Extreme, 8 MSAA etc)

My score was over 4200 (102fps)

Today I have ran the benchmark -

My score is 4091 (97,8fps)

Could I have done some damage to my CPU performance while messing with my voltages?

I know the 3930k is an 2012 chip, maybe I have messed with the voltages up & down to much and it's caused degradation?

Or could there be another reason?

Thanks

Specifications

i73930k 3.2ghz (overclocked to 4.4ghz)

MSI Big Bang II Motherboard

GTX 1070

32GB Corsair Vengeance 1866mhz RAM

3x Corsair GT 128gb, 1x Samsung 850 EVO 250gb, 1x 3TB WD HDD

Yes it's possible that your CPU performance has degraded. Read this post: http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php/723980-Truth-about-CPU-degradation

Run the benchmark one more time and see what happens. 

CPU: Intel Core i7-950 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R CPU Cooler: NZXT HAVIK 140 RAM: Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 (1x2GB), Crucial DDR3-1600 (2x4GB), Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600 (1x4GB) GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 DirectCU II 2GB SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 2.5" 1TB HDDs: WD Green 3.5" 1TB, WD Blue 3.5" 1TB PSU: Corsair AX860i & CableMod ModFlex Cables Case: Fractal Design Meshify C TG (White) Fans: 2x Dynamic X2 GP-12 Monitors: LG 24GL600F, Samsung S24D390 Keyboard: Logitech G710+ Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Mouse Pad: Steelseries QcK Audio: Bose SoundSport In-Ear Headphones

First, I don't think that's how degradation works.  You don't just lose performance, you simply require more voltage to be stable, and eventually it will stop functioning correctly all together.  So long as it works, it should work at full performance.  If someone has proof to the contrary and wants to explain how I'm wrong please do.

Second, those scores are not that far apart.  I bet if you ran it a few more times you'd get numbers higher than your first score and lower than this, so it's nothing to worry about.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Ran benchmark again

4125 - 98.6.

Seems weird how ive lost 4/5fps

2 minutes ago, HuzzUK said:

Ran benchmark again

4125 - 98.6.

Seems weird how ive lost 4/5fps

background processes and other things can easily be the cause of 4fps loss, also not every benchmark is 100% the same, i get 3fps differential aswell on alot of runs , less than 5% performance variation is all normal ( in benchmarks such as valley ect )

(◑‿◐)

11 minutes ago, Rasbir Singh said:

Yes it's possible that your CPU performance has degraded. Read this post: http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php/723980-Truth-about-CPU-degradation

Run the benchmark one more time and see what happens. 

that is not performance degradation but degradation in general, such as requiring more vcore voltages to be stable

(◑‿◐)