Best free music production software?

Olli_
Go to solution Solved by KenjiUmino,
2 minutes ago, Olli_ said:

Thanks for the reply my keyboard doesn't have a midi port but has a USB to host which I have the cable for. I'm on Windows unfortunately used garage band on the Ipad ad think it's great 

if you are looking for a DAW software, check out REAPER (https://www.reaper.fm/)

it's technically not "free" but you have unlimited trial time without any limit on functionality.

they only throw you a nagscreen each time the software is started. 

Hi 

I was wondering what's the best free music production software to use especially for a beginner? I also have a Yamaha P45 keyboard and was wondering if I can use this with the correct software and if so how?

Thanks for the help

7 minutes ago, Olli_ said:

Hi 

I was wondering what's the best free music production software to use especially for a beginner? I also have a Yamaha P45 keyboard and was wondering if I can use this with the correct software and if so how?

Thanks for the help

Is it MIDI compatable? Ableton lite is free haven't used it though. If you have a mac garageband is one of the easiest to use. Or try to find a crack for FL studio.

Desktop

CPU: Ryzen 7 1700 Cooler: Corsiar H60 MOBO: MSI Gaming Pro B350m RAM: 16GB GPU: ASUS ROG GTX 1070 Case: Masterbox Lite 5 Storage: 240GB Samsung 850 EVO, 1TB WD Blue PSU: EVGA 600B 

Laptop

2019 Macbook Pro 15 inch i9 4.8ghz 8 core 16GB RAM 512GB SSD 560x Pro

7 minutes ago, Shockers87 said:

Is it MIDI compatable? Ableton lite is free haven't used either though. If you have a mac garageband is one of the easiest to use. Or try to find a crack for FL studio.

Thanks for the reply my keyboard doesn't have a midi port but has a USB to host which I have the cable for. I'm on Windows  used garage band on the Ipad and think it's great 

3 minutes ago, Olli_ said:

Thanks for the reply my keyboard doesn't have a midi port but has a USB to host which I have the cable for. I'm on Windows unfortunately used garage band on the Ipad ad think it's great 

It should work using usb to host as that is what I use to mine. Nice keyboard btw

Desktop

CPU: Ryzen 7 1700 Cooler: Corsiar H60 MOBO: MSI Gaming Pro B350m RAM: 16GB GPU: ASUS ROG GTX 1070 Case: Masterbox Lite 5 Storage: 240GB Samsung 850 EVO, 1TB WD Blue PSU: EVGA 600B 

Laptop

2 minutes ago, Olli_ said:

if you are looking for a DAW software, check out REAPER (https://www.reaper.fm/)

it's technically not "free" but you have unlimited trial time without any limit on functionality.

2 minutes ago, Shockers87 said:

It should work using usb to host as that is what I use to mine. Nice keyboard btw

2 minutes ago, KenjiUmino said:

Thanks for the link will have a look tomorrow 

2 minutes ago, KenjiUmino said:

Try this one it seems decent. And then save up for FL studio if you are serious about music

Desktop

Laptop

20 minutes ago, Olli_ said:

Hi 

Thanks for the help

Garageband?

1 minute ago, CyberFern0 said:

Garageband?

I'm on Windows :)

2 minutes ago, Shockers87 said:

Try this one it seems decent. And then save up for FL studio if you are serious about music

It was a long time a go but remember using a trial of FL Studio did seem to enjoy using it.

15 hours ago, KenjiUmino said:

have just installed Reaper managed to set my keyboard as well seems like a good programme thanks for the help :)