Several applications won't open, error seams graphic related

Go to solution Solved by AliSot2000,

Hello

I figured out what caused the problem.

After a reinstalation of the entire System I found that the application “Duet” was causing those weird issues. Upon uninstalling it everything went back to normal.

So in case anybody has this problem as well. Check weather you have Duet installed and if so, try uninstalling it.

AliSot2000

Hi there

My Computer isn't willing to open CS:Go, CUE, Infinifactory and Liftoff.  At least these are the programs which don't work at the moment. Maybe there are more. 

I've already researched the Problem concerning the CUE. There is already a thread on the Corsair Forum but I think the problem lies deeper. (http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=176209

That's the error I get when I try to start CUE.

5ac56a9d52e63_ERRORCUE.PNG.c94d224fe421dfc8f6c17100caa30452.PNG

Regarding CUE, I've already:

- restarted my computer

- updated windows

- updated my drivers (GPU and rest of the sytem)

- reinstalled the program 

- checked that my settings are correct in the Nvidea Control Panel

- tried to install older version of CUE

The errors started to occure like this.

I had CUE installed. It worked. At some point CUE informed me that a newer version was available. I installed it and afterwards the error above showed up. But as long as I had this error displayed the profiles would still load so I didn't think about it. As I wanted to creat a new profile about 1 week ago, I noticed that CUE only displayed this error when I tried to start it. I thought previeusly that this was an error that would always show up as you try to launch the program and you could still use the program. Clearly I was wrong. (I had some similar errors on my mac with different software. It would give me an error when I try to launch the application but when I tried to launch the application again, it would work flawlesly.) I looked up the error on google and did some things which were recommended in several forums. I checked my drivers and installed the newest version (with Live update), I updated Windows. These steps didn't work. Then I went to Nvidea to download the latest drivers for the GPU, but installing those didn't work eather. Now the condition of CUE got worse. It didn't load the profiles correctly. To load the profiles I had to close and reopen CUE. 

That was last Friday. That evening I also played CS:GO. But the next day CS:Go didn't work anymore. 

According to Steam CS:GO was already running. I couldn't uninstall it. I couldn't find it in the Taskmanager eather. 

In the article on Steam concerning Programs which seam to be running it said it could be an other user on the computer who has CS:GO launched. This is impossible in my case as I'm the only user of this PC. 

After restarting the computer I was able to uninstall and reinstall CS:GO

But the Error still showed up. 

After this error I checked every game I had. Liftoff and Infinifactory would show me this error [Error Message] and didn't start thought Transport Fever and Fortnite still work.

I tried to reinstall the drivers several times on both the graphics aswell as the system side. But nothing worked. Yesterday CUE stopped working completly. No profiles would load.

Error Message:

Failed to initialize Direct3D.
Make sure you have at least DirectX 9.0c installed, have drivers for your
graphics card and have not disabled 3D acceleration
in display settings.
InitializeEngineGraphics failed

Well this leads me to this post. 

As both errors seam to be graphics related I assume it is somehow related to the Drivers.

Thanks in advance for your help

AliSot2000

System:

MSI Z270 Tomahawk

i7 7700k

CMK16GX4M2A2133C13R

MSI GTX 1080 Armor 8G OC

WD Blue 4tb Desktop

Crucial MX300 275GB

Corsair VS 650

NZXT Source 340

Benq GL2450

Windows 10 (64)

Corsair Scimitar

Logitech G510s

rightclick on ur csgo game on steam > properties > local files > browse local files

directx_installer

run exe for dxsetup

(◑‿◐)

Have you tried (re)installing DirectX? There should be a dxsetup somewhere in the CS:GO steam folder.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

1 minute ago, Valkyrie Lenneth said:

rightclick on ur csgo game on steam > properties > local files > browse local files

directx_installer

run exe for dxsetup

if ^  doesnt work, download a manual directx 9.0c package and install that

http://www.softwarepatch.com/windows/directx/

the error is dx related , windows 10 doesnt come with 9.0c preinstalled

(◑‿◐)

It didn't work. The problem remains the same. I ran the dxsetup.exe but when I try to open CS the screen gets briefly black and goes back to the desktop, with steam showing me that CS is running. Downloading DirectX9 didn't work ether, the installer gave me a message that it wouldn't work on windows 10. DirectX12 seams to be installed, but I couldn't figure out how to reinstalle it.

(looked it up with dxdiag in the windows search )

This is the result of dxdiag

DxDiag.txt

Concerning the CUE Error. 

Despite the error of CUE demanding that those three librarys have to be inside the folder with the CUE.exe, they are infact there. Sindda.PNG.4b9e8e6e76d64518a26b4a0d331fc005.PNG

• 1 month later...

Hello

I figured out what caused the problem.

After a reinstalation of the entire System I found that the application “Duet” was causing those weird issues. Upon uninstalling it everything went back to normal.

So in case anybody has this problem as well. Check weather you have Duet installed and if so, try uninstalling it.

AliSot2000