L4D2 bricks computer

Chase Harman

I've been having problems were l4d2 will randomly crash my computer completely (the screen will go black the audio will stutter and rapidly repeat and then the system will go into a boot loop until I manually reset it) this has happened in  portal 2 and a game based in UE3 as well. Ive uninstantiated and reinstalled the game, updated and downgraded my GPU drivers (RX580), Ive changed the compatibility mode to windows 7 and 8, and ran furmark for 40 minutes to see if the psu or gpu was having hardware problems (it wasn't) not really sure what to do now. I was suggested to try to install direct x 9.0 but haven't been able to successfully do that if someone could tell me how or if you have any other ideas whats going on i would appreciate it, thanks.

Sounds to me the CPU or RAM isn't stable.

Try to run aida64 for the CPU and see if that's stable, also check temps (you can use aida64 or hwinfo for temp monitoring)

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

Full specs?

Would help a lot.

2 minutes ago, fuzz0r said:

Full specs?

Would help a lot.

asrock x370 killer sli/ac

ryzen 1700

gskill 3200mhz trident z (2x8gb)

msi gaming x rx580 8gb

corsair rm750x

yeah probably CPU or ram stability (i'm leaning more to CPU)

Primary System

• CPU
    Ryzen R6 5700X
  • Motherboard
    MSI B350M mortar arctic
  • RAM
    32GB Corsair RGB 3600MT/s CAS18
  • GPU
    Zotac RTX 3070 OC
  • Case
    kind of a mess
  • Storage
    WD black NVMe SSD 500GB & 1TB samsung Sata ssd & x 1TB WD blue & x 3TB Seagate
  • PSU
    corsair RM750X white
  • Display(s)
    1440p 21:9 100Hz

5 hours ago, samcool55 said:

Sounds to me the CPU or RAM isn't stable.

Try to run aida64 for the CPU and see if that's stable, also check temps (you can use aida64 or hwinfo for temp monitoring)

Just ran it for 4 hours, no stability issues. also temps are normal maxed at 52c under fullload on the cpu 

4 hours ago, imnotchase said:

Just ran it for 4 hours, no stability issues. also temps are normal maxed at 52c under fullload on the cpu 

What CPU cooler do you have?

I know Ryzen runs quite cool but that sounds a bit too good to be true for a stock cooler...

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

1 hour ago, samcool55 said:

What CPU cooler do you have?

I know Ryzen runs quite cool but that sounds a bit too good to be true for a stock cooler...

the stock, but i've got some Noctua case fans so that probably helps.