PSU Recommendation

Go to solution Solved by seon123,

Same options as last time, same reasons to get either unit. 

What PSU do you guys recommend me? I made this question before but it was for another build, this one is a new one. Still these are my options:

1. EVGA G3 550w Gold for 107$ usd.

2. Seasonic Focus 650w Gold for 110$ usd.

This are my pc specs:

OuterVision PSU Calculator part list

Motherboard: Desktop
Socket: Socket LGA 1151
CPU: 1 x Intel Core i7-8700K
CPU Speed: 3700MHz
CPU Vcore: 1.2V
CPU Utilization: 90%
Memory: 2 x 8GB DDR4 Module
FB DIMM: Yes
Video Card Set 1: 1 x NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti
Core Clock: 1480MHz
Memory Clock: 1251MHz
Storage: 1 x SATA 7.2K RPM
Storage: 1 x M.2 SSD
Other Device: 1 x USB 3.0 Device
Other Device: 1 x USB 3.0 Device
Keyboard: 1 x Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: 1 x Gaming Mouse
Fan: 4 x 120mm
Liquid Cooling Kit: 1 x NZXT Kraken X61
Computer Utilization: 16 hours per day
Gaming / Heavy 3D Application Time: 16 hours per day
Monitor: 1 x LED 27 inches

Load Wattage: 528W
Recommended Wattage: 628W
Amperage: +3.3V: 11.9A, +5V: 11.0A, +12V: 36.1A
Recommended UPS Rating: 1200VA
Generated by OuterVision PSU Calculator 2018-04-03 03:22:40.0

The EVGA would probably be nicer to have, I have an 850w G2 and I've kept it across multiple builds. However with that power draw estimation you'd be cutting it really close to the 550w limit which if it fluctuates or you overclock (why wouldn't you) you'll need more power. So really the only option is the 650w

20 minutes ago, OLROY said:

However with that power draw estimation you'd be cutting it really close to the 550w limit which if it fluctuates or you overclock (why wouldn't you) you'll need more power. So really the only option is the 650w

That's not true at all. The system will draw closer to 400W under load, so there wouldn't be problems with a decent 450-550W unit. Overclocked, 550W is still plenty. 

:)

Same options as last time, same reasons to get either unit. 

:)

4 minutes ago, seon123 said:

That's not true at all. The system will draw closer to 400W under load, so there wouldn't be problems with a decent 450-550W unit. Overclocked, 550W is still plenty. 

True, if you go and manually crunch the numbers, a 550w should be fine

9 minutes ago, STRMfrmXMN said:

The G3 is cheaper so get it. See if an RMx is cheaper as well as a Bitfenix Whisper of the same wattage.

Bitfenix doesn't exist in my country :v RMX only comes with high wattage (850+) (available). So yeah the only 2 decent PSU are those I listed, couldn't find any other tier 1 PSU within those wattage ranges.

Then you should probably give us some links to stores in your country. We can't blindly guess what's available to you, I'm sure your country has more interesting PSUs than just EVGA G3 550 and Seasonic Focus+ 650W.

22 minutes ago, OrionFOTL said:

Then you should probably give us some links to stores in your country. We can't blindly guess what's available to you, I'm sure your country has more interesting PSUs than just EVGA G3 550 and Seasonic Focus+ 650W.

Served Sir: Sercoplus very often has the lowest price but also lowest availability. Impacto has the next second lowest price but very high availability (it's the store with the 2 PSU listed) and lastly memorykings has the highest price with the highest availability but nothing special here.

http://www.impacto.com.pe/web/index.php/index/accion/33produ_catego

https://www.sercoplus.com/77-fuentes-de-poder

http://www.memorykings.com.pe/subcategorias/29/cases-fuentes-accesorios

@OrionFOTL @seon123 @STRMfrmXMN

Please please really help me here. What AVR VA/Watts do I need to connect my computer/monitor/logitech G29/HTC Vive.

Second and I know it had been discussed before I searched 2 hours about this but couldn't make my mind. Do I need an UPS? There's no burnouts or blackouts. Few days a year light is gone but usually at early morning or planned energy cuts that I wasn't informed of so sometimes energy goes down with the computer on. I always make sure to disconnect everything before it comes back but it has happened that it goes and comeback inmediately (probably happened 2 or 3 in my lifetime that I was aware of). Beyond that I do have a 1200VA/600w that is 5 years old that lastly at nights had been switching lights often but nothing else happening. I dont care about data loss at all. I only wanna protect my toys from the average probability, where I live there hasn't been a lightning since i was born.

Thank you very much.

35 minutes ago, DXantus said:

@OrionFOTL @seon123 @STRMfrmXMN

Please please really help me here. What AVR VA/Watts do I need to connect my computer/monitor/logitech G29/HTC Vive.

Second and I know it had been discussed before I searched 2 hours about this but couldn't make my mind. Do I need an UPS? There's no burnouts or blackouts. Few days a year light is gone but usually at early morning or planned energy cuts that I wasn't informed of so sometimes energy goes down with the computer on. I always make sure to disconnect everything before it comes back but it has happened that it goes and comeback inmediately (probably happened 2 or 3 in my lifetime that I was aware of). Beyond that I do have a 1200VA/600w that is 5 years old that lastly at nights had been switching lights often but nothing else happening. I dont care about data loss at all. I only wanna protect my toys from the average probability, where I live there hasn't been a lightning since i was born.

Thank you very much.

I'm not really an expert in this field, but I don't use a UPS and have planned outages very seldom here in Portland. I think your PSU can handle that happening, especially if your house has surge protection, but don't take my word for it.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||