Oneplus 5t Vs 6

My contact end in two weeks, and I'm looking to buy a phone for no more than £500 ($600).

Should I buy the oneplus 5t or wait a couple months for the 6?

Do you care about notches?

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

30 minutes ago, *insert_name_here* said:

My contact end in two weeks, and I'm looking to buy a phone for no more than £500 ($600).

Should I buy the oneplus 5t or wait a couple months for the 6?

6 has a notch, wouldn't buy it, maybe look at another Snapdragon 845 phone.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

3 hours ago, dizmo said:

Do you care about notches?

not really

1 hour ago, huilun02 said:

Are you required to get the phone when you recontract in 2 weeks? And does it have to come from the service provider? Will you still have service if you delay the recontract?

i will still be able to use my phone, so i don't have to get a new phone, and i am probably going to change service provider anyway

3 minutes ago, huilun02 said:

So you can get any phone you want that is within your budget I suppose.

What are you currently using? What about it makes you want to get a new phone? What do you like about it? What new features or performance would you want in the new phone? This is so I can look for one that won't disappoint you.

im currently using a htc desire 630, the mains things I'm looking for are much better performance and good screen and good software, I dont care about the camera or any weird gimics.

1 minute ago, huilun02 said:

What about app usage, size preference and how you feel about the battery life of the 630? 

I have 16gb storage but i don't use many apps and don't use the camera often, so little storage is fine. as for battery I would definitely prefer a bigger battery than the 630

2 minutes ago, huilun02 said:

Ok so you don't really need a lot of memory. You don't need much storage, but will you require a microsd card slot? Your 630 has a microsd slot. What about music playback? Do you blast the phone speakers or use headphones/earphones? If you do listen to music, what do you think about the sound quality? For the screen size and overall device size, do you think the 630's screen is small? Are you ok with a large phone (phablet)?

If there are things about the 630 that really bother you, feel free to sound out so I find a phone that won't give you the same problem. We're almost there.

I don't really use my microsd slot. I usually listen to music with headphones and so I don't need high quality speakers. For the screen size, i would prefer if it was bigger than what it is now, atleast 5.5inch.

One thing I cant stand about my current phone is htc's skin, sense ui is super annoying sometimes, I also don't like that it dosen't have a fingerprint scanner or nfc, although the latter isn't too improtant

2 minutes ago, huilun02 said:

Very good. So screen has to be at least 5.5" and you want NFC and something without a heavily skinned UI. Almost all modern phones have fingerprint and 3.5mm jack. NFC can be easily found on mid rage Snapdragon devices and up.

I think its safe to say you have little to no incentive to wait for the Oneplus 6. The 5T has everything you want and copious amounts of RAM. The only improvements the next model brings is greater screen coverage which introduces a camera notch, and an improved version of the already exceedingly powerful SD835 chipset.

If you want something smaller, cheaper, or more robust, you can consider the LG G6. It has IP68 water resistance and is cheaper due to being an older device with the SD821 chipset (which is nothing to scoff at as it is still a flagship tier SoC which is a major upgrade) The screen is 18:9 like the 5T but respectively smaller, at 5.7" diagonally.

Both the 5T and G6 have the same battery capacity 3300mAh and has rear fingerprint, dual rear camera, and NFC. Oneplus devices come with more internal storage but the G6 has a microsd card slot. The 5T has a three position (Normal/DND/Silent) slider as a defining feature of their phones. Both phones at this point have clean, close to stock Android. The 5T is on Oreo and the G6 will get the update by end of June (although in your use case it might not make a difference) The 5T has dual sim slots.

For size reference:    height x width x thickness

HTC Desire 630 - 146.9 x 70.9 x 8.3 mm, 5.0" 720p screen (66.2% screen-to-body ratio)

LG G6                - 148.9 x 71.9 x 7.9 mm, 5.7" 1440p ultrawide screen (78.6% screen-to-body ratio)

OnePlus 5T        - 156.1 x 75.0 x 7.3 mm, 6.0" 1080p ultrawide screen (80.0% screen-to-body ratio)

If you are considering any other phones, do mention and I can make a comparison. The specs of the unreleased Oneplus 6 is inconclusive, although the device dimensions should the same as the 5T, with an enlarged screen of the same vertical (1080p) resolution plus space to the side.

thank you so much you have been extremely informative and helpfull :D