BADLY NEED HELP!!

saritacute

Can anyone share some thought on why my computer just casually dies? it suddenly died then no signs of life after (not a single component is running) but comeback to life after >12 hour.

im sure it's not the psu, tried the psu to a dummy pc and it worked fantastic.

tried upgrading the bios

------------------------------------------------------

Version
7996v2E
Release Date
2017-08-15
File Size
5.04 MB
icon-download.png
Description
- Fix system sometimes fail to power on

-------------------------------------------------------------

It worked for about 3 months and it just died again.

i5 7400

1060 3gb

8 gb ram

seasonic s12 II

120 ssd

1tb hdd 

Disconnect the power cable, and press your power button for about 10 times. Discharging the whole system.

Now try and see if it boots up. If that is the case you porbably have a faulty Motherboard.

Thats all I can think off right now :)

I think it's the PSU switching to safe mode.

If a PSU does that, it says in that mode for a few minutes/hours before it wants to power back on again.

If you disconnect the power from the PSU when it is in safe mode, it resets as well.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

Just now, Ansuex said:

Disconnect the power cable, and press your power button for about 10 times. Discharging the whole system.

Now try and see if it boots up. If that is the case you porbably have a faulty Motherboard.

Thats all I can think off right now :)

ok. will do. one moment.

2 minutes ago, samcool55 said:

If a PSU does that, it says in that mode for a few minutes/hours before it wants to power back on again.

If you disconnect the power from the PSU when it is in safe mode, it resets as well.

first try didn't worked tho. any other way to discharge?

3 minutes ago, samcool55 said:

is there a way to disable that?

5 minutes ago, saritacute said:

ok. will do. one moment.

2nd try did not worked as well 

If that didn't work I would try to isolate the problem by getting everything out of the case and testing it 1 by 1, Do you get the PC to boot with just the motherboard, CPU the PSU and 1 stick of Ram? (using the motherboards display output)

1 minute ago, saritacute said:

first try didn't worked tho. any other way to discharge?

Press the power button as suggested above, but that only works if the PSU is disconnected or switched off with the big switch next to the power connector.

Also, try to listen for a click. When my PSU goes into safe mode it makes a quite clear click sound. It's just 1 click btw.

You can't disable it, it's a safety feature. If it is indeed the PSU going into safe mode it's basically protecting it from a potential disaster. If it wouldn't go into safe mode something will probably blow up and die...

I got my PSU in safe mode once because i shorted an IDE connection, everything was fine, but if the PSU hadn't gone into safe mode and just kept sending power something would have probably died.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

14 minutes ago, Ansuex said:

If that didn't work I would try to isolate the problem by getting everything out of the case and testing it 1 by 1, Do you get the PC to boot with just the motherboard, CPU the PSU and 1 stick of Ram? (using the motherboards display output)

removed gpu, didnt worked. removed ram, didnt worked as well.

Well your hardware is not making it easy :(

Can you describe the exact things you have tried by now? 

6 minutes ago, Ansuex said:

Well your hardware is not making it easy :(

Can you describe the exact things you have tried by now? 

removed some of the components, discharge, directly plugging it to an outlet. It's so weird because Im sure it will come back to life later.

not entirely sure if this pc to totally broken or not. 

I honestly can't find any reason for your PC to turn on after a couple of hours.

Discharging the whole PC would mimic that situation. Maybe with the exception of overheated components.

15 minutes ago, Ansuex said:

I honestly can't find any reason for your PC to turn on after a couple of hours.

Discharging the whole PC would mimic that situation. Maybe with the exception of overheated components.

i prolly bring this to the local techss, anyways, appreciate your help man!!