Palit best 1080????

The Palit GeForce GTX1080 8GB GameRock Premium Edition is the 1080 with the higher clock speeds that ive seen personally in a 1080, so should i buy it?????

The clock speed written on the box of a modern Nvidia card is meaningless as they overclock themselves anyway, buy based on cooler quality (which you can't easily change after buying it) rather than rated core clock (which you can easily change).

Just now, Cookybiscuit said:

The clock speed written on the box of a modern Nvidia card is meaningless as they overclock themselves anyway, buy based on cooler quality (which you can't easily change after buying it) rather than rated core clock (which you can easily change).

So  is that a good cooler,also in your opinion should i buy this card?

2 minutes ago, ManosMax13 said:

So  is that a good cooler,also in your opinion should i buy this card?

It's a good cooler, reviews have it performing around the same mark as the Strix and Aorus which are both excellent. If or not you buy it is up to you, it's very likely there will be new Nvidia cards in three months. Also if you don't care that much about noise there may be cheaper options, but I don't know at what price you're looking to get the Palit card.

1 minute ago, Cookybiscuit said:

It's a good cooler, reviews have it performing around the same mark as the Strix and Aorus which are both excellent. If or not you buy it is up to you, it's very likely there will be new Nvidia cards in three months. Also if you don't care that much about noise there may be cheaper options, but I don't know at what price you're looking to get the Palit card.

In my country is around 100 dollars cheaper than the strix also if new graphics cards come out,i wont be able to buy them because i sold my ps4 to be able to buy this card.

2 minutes ago, ManosMax13 said:

In my country is around 100 dollars cheaper than the strix also if new graphics cards come out,i wont be able to buy them because i sold my ps4 to be able to buy this card.

Probably best to get it then. 

5 minutes ago, Cookybiscuit said:

Probably best to get it then. 

Ok thanka!

I have the Palit 1080 Gamerock Premium, on reviews it was one the fastest performing 1080's out of the box, I was initially looking at it just because EK had a block for it (October 16) and was pleasantly surprised when I looked at its reviews:

https://www.kitguru.net/components/graphic-cards/zardon/palit-gtx-1080-gamerock-premium-edition-review/16/

http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/palit_geforce_gtx_1080_gamerock_premium_edition_g_panel_review,21.html

https://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Palit/GeForce_GTX_1080_GameRock/21.html

I also found it was one of the cheaper 1080's, I normally go with EVGA for Nvidia and Sapphire for AMD, but it has been a charm and performs as per the reviews, albeit mine is on water. One thing to check is if the newer versions ship with the faster GDDR5X memory also keep in mind its a triple slot card! 

Ryzen Ram Guide

My Project Logs   Iced Blood    Temporal Snow    Temporal Snow Ryzen Refresh

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

They all perform the same. Within a few FPS isn’t gonna be a game changer. Can’t go by overclocks either as it would fall pretty far there as well. 

Just get what’s gonna work best for your case and budget. 

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

12 hours ago, Mick Naughty said:

They all perform the same. Within a few FPS isn’t gonna be a game changer. Can’t go by overclocks either as it would fall pretty far there as well. 

Just get what’s gonna work best for your case and budget. 

14 hours ago, stealth80 said:

I have the Palit 1080 Gamerock Premium, on reviews it was one the fastest performing 1080's out of the box, I was initially looking at it just because EK had a block for it (October 16) and was pleasantly surprised when I looked at its reviews:

https://www.kitguru.net/components/graphic-cards/zardon/palit-gtx-1080-gamerock-premium-edition-review/16/

http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/palit_geforce_gtx_1080_gamerock_premium_edition_g_panel_review,21.html

https://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Palit/GeForce_GTX_1080_GameRock/21.html

I also found it was one of the cheaper 1080's, I normally go with EVGA for Nvidia and Sapphire for AMD, but it has been a charm and performs as per the reviews, albeit mine is on water. One thing to check is if the newer versions ship with the faster GDDR5X memory also keep in mind its a triple slot card! 

Which card do u think that is gonna overclock better palit or gigabyte,i know that it depends on the silicon lottery but which is generally  the best overclocker???

Pascal are all limited around 2100 - 2150 MHz, so really just go for the brand/price/coolest card 

Ryzen Ram Guide

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

1 minute ago, stealth80 said:

Pascal are all limited around 2100 - 2150 MHz, so really just go for the brand/price/coolest card 

If price is the same which has the best cooler because both of the brands are well-known?

Wouldn’t get either of them myself. Would be a strix or evga variant. But most likely a nvidia branded fe version first. 

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

6 hours ago, ManosMax13 said:

If price is the same which has the best cooler because both of the brands are well-known?

if you can get the Palit get it, i see no reason to pay more for the gigabyte - the Evga can be worth the extra due to step up and warrantee but I wouldn't bother with the rest

Ryzen Ram Guide