Hardware reserved memory

tvscreen010

Recently I add a custom watercooling loop to my computer over an AIO. Yea go me right, wrong when I turn the pc back on the I noticed some performance issues. Low and behold it was my RAM 8GB of the 16GB are under hardware reserved. So I looked around online to find some answers. None of it has worked so far. I have flashed my bios, change around my memory, add more memory( which no matter how much I add it takes half as reserve unless its only in one memory slot) tried different memory types(gskill or corsair) and even to my very regret manually change the hardware reserve amount in windows config. I like to note that last one caused my windows to refuse to boot due to error message bad config and I had to reinstall windows 10 home 64x. So I'm asking is there any thing that I have not tried, I am still learning so assume I not very knowledgeable about bios set ups for memory. 

System parts:

Ryzen 1400 clocked at 3.8 ghz ek waterblock

Corsair vengeance 3000 mhz 2x8gb, running at 2133 mhz had it running at 3000 for months without issue until now 

GTX 1080 FE with EK waterblock

MSI B350 Gaming Plus Lastest BIOs installed 

Corsair 550 Rmx

Corsair Commander Pro with RGB

5 Corsair fans 2 of them mag lev

240 EK rad

Ek water pump from starter kit

1TB Firecuda drive

240 Gb Sandisk SSD 

It's not listed on the supported memory list: https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/B350-GAMING-PLUS#support-mem-12

But since it has been working for months, maybe something has died.

Do all sticks work separately and in each DIMM slot (I think you checked this)? Does Memtest detect all sticks? Maybe something on the motherboard broke.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

On 3/26/2018 at 1:19 PM, tvscreen010 said:

Recently I add a custom watercooling loop to my computer over an AIO. Yea go me right, wrong when I turn the pc back on the I noticed some performance issues. Low and behold it was my RAM 8GB of the 16GB are under hardware reserved. So I looked around online to find some answers. None of it has worked so far. I have flashed my bios, change around my memory, add more memory( which no matter how much I add it takes half as reserve unless its only in one memory slot) tried different memory types(gskill or corsair) and even to my very regret manually change the hardware reserve amount in windows config. I like to note that last one caused my windows to refuse to boot due to error message bad config and I had to reinstall windows 10 home 64x. So I'm asking is there any thing that I have not tried, I am still learning so assume I not very knowledgeable about bios set ups for memory. 

System parts:

Ryzen 1400 clocked at 3.8 ghz ek waterblock

Corsair vengeance 3000 mhz 2x8gb, running at 2133 mhz had it running at 3000 for months without issue until now 

GTX 1080 FE with EK waterblock

MSI B350 Gaming Plus Lastest BIOs installed 

Corsair 550 Rmx

Corsair Commander Pro with RGB

5 Corsair fans 2 of them mag lev

240 EK rad

Ek water pump from starter kit

1TB Firecuda drive

240 Gb Sandisk SSD 

Windows hardware reserves memory when there's a problem detected with either the slot or the ram stick.

So, since you've tried different memory, it sounds like a DIMM slot on your motherboard died to me.

You can RMA it I'm sure, but it's the having to take apart your loop you just built that sucks hard.

I feel ya on that.

So, to be sure, test each slot with one single stick in at a time and find the one that's not detecting anything.