not able to hear or use comms in games

bhcool12

I can use discord and other apps like that but when I launch games and try to talk it wont let me. I also cant hear others when they talk. In the games that make a sound or show your icon when u press the mic, I can see or hear that but my voice doesnt go thru. Is there any fix to this?

i should also add, it works perfectly on other pc's

Maybe your mic is muted/disabled in Windows? Try fiddling with the recording devices and other settings in the audio settings.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

48 minutes ago, tikker said:

Maybe your mic is muted/disabled in Windows? Try fiddling with the recording devices and other settings in the audio settings.

i have already done this and as i said my mic works in other programs such as discord

9 hours ago, bhcool12 said:

i have already done this and as i said my mic works in other programs such as discord

Ah I missed the "but" part in that sentence. Have you tried setting the mic as default device? Or maybe turn the "Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device" setting on/off. Otherwise I wouldn't know :/ I've had the opposite problem where everything but the mic is muted, but this seems to be the reverse...

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB