Need help badly

Dan942

So I bought a pc a few months ago with an i7 930 and some other goodies in it and so I decided to squeeze some extra performance out of it to buy a Xeon x5650 on eBay. So I remove cpu cooler install it but no boot or display at all. All fans are spinning tried reinstalling gpu unplugged all motherboard cables nothing worked. Now after this I put previous i7 back in and guess what... no display again. Now I freaking out and don’t know what to do pins don’t seem bent so I don’t know why it won’t work. Motherboard is a p6x58d premium if it helps. Also I tried removing ram and using only 1 stick and no results as well as removing CMOS battery and replacing it.

Just curious how do you know the chip worked when you bought it?

hi,  @Dan942

You might want to look in the bios for a setting that disables the IGPU. it could be that this has been disabled for some reason.

Just now, kb5zue said:

Just curious how do you know the chip worked when you bought it?

Well I’ve been using the i7 pc for a few months every things been fine now I don’t know about the Xeon working since I couldn’t get it to work but now I switched back to the i7 and same things happening

Just now, Jarno. said:

hi,  @Dan942

You might want to look in the bios for a setting that disables the IGPU. it could be that this has been disabled for some reason.

Problem is I’m not getting any display at all, so I can’t see bios. Tried different display cable and no luck.

16 minutes ago, Dan942 said:

So I bought a pc a few months ago with an i7 930 and some other goodies in it and so I decided to squeeze some extra performance out of it to buy a Xeon x5650 on eBay. So I remove cpu cooler install it but no boot or display at all. All fans are spinning tried reinstalling gpu unplugged all motherboard cables nothing worked. Now after this I put previous i7 back in and guess what... no display again. Now I freaking out and don’t know what to do pins don’t seem bent so I don’t know why it won’t work. Motherboard is a p6x58d premium if it helps. Also I tried removing ram and using only 1 stick and no results as well as removing CMOS battery and replacing it.

Xeons don't really work on consumer grade boards like yours. If it's a lga775 board and you got a lga 771 xeon there's an adapter mod.

Discord: Skyline#0820

Literally an idiot, don't listen to me.

Main computer: i5-4690k 4.3GHz, Noctua NH-D15, Nitro+ RX 580 SE, 16GB Corsair Vengeance, Samsung 840 series 128GB Crucial MX500 2TB, WD Purple 3TB, EVGA 600w, Dell s2240m 1080p 60hz, Corsair K70 Cherry MX Blue, Logitech G502 Hero.

Asus GU501gm

7 minutes ago, TheElectronicGeek1 said:

Xeons don't really work on consumer grade boards like yours. If it's a lga775 board and you got a lga 771 xeon there's an adapter mod.

It’s lga 1366 also why wouldn’t the original i7 I had suddenly not work when I put it back in the pc?

Time to reset the bios, check your motherboard manual, usually it's a jumper switch.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

10 minutes ago, Dan942 said:

It’s lga 1366 also why wouldn’t the original i7 I had suddenly not work when I put it back in the pc?

Might have fried the board....

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

12 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

Time to reset the bios, check your motherboard manual, usually it's a jumper switch.

12 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

I don’t think it’s fried because all the fans spin lights come up and motherboard beeps upon starting but I’ll try the jumper switch thing and let you know how t goes thanks

34 minutes ago, Dan942 said:

Yeah that's why you look it up to make sure they're compatible. If the board is still powering on reset the cmos.

Discord: Skyline#0820

Literally an idiot, don't listen to me.

Main computer: i5-4690k 4.3GHz, Noctua NH-D15, Nitro+ RX 580 SE, 16GB Corsair Vengeance, Samsung 840 series 128GB Crucial MX500 2TB, WD Purple 3TB, EVGA 600w, Dell s2240m 1080p 60hz, Corsair K70 Cherry MX Blue, Logitech G502 Hero.

Asus GU501gm