I need some help fast guys.

maximilian4o

Hi, I have 2-3 hours to fix my PC bc im going to a lan party. I just finished modding my PC. When I boot it up, it gets stuck at the loading screen (Win 8), and i see that at the beginning of the loading of Windows 8, my HDD LED flashes rlly fast. Than it just lights up for about 4 seconds, it blinks, and it turns on for 4 secs, and the loop keeps going on. It sends me to the Automatic Repair thing, but the same thing happens with the HDD LED, and it gets stuck at the repair too. PLS Help me. And thank you.

AMD FX-8350 // ASUS Radeon R9 280X Matrix // ASUS M5A97 Pro // Corsair Vengance 8GB 1600MHz // Corsair RM850 PSU //  WD Green 2TB // Corsair H60 // Cooler Master Elite 430 // KBParadise V60 MX Blue // Logitech G602 // Sennheiser HD 598 + Focusrrrrite 2i2 + MXL V67 // Samsung SyncMaster 245BW 1920x1200 // #killedmywife  #afterdark  #makebombs #Twerkit      "it touches my junk"   linus 2014

Hi, I have 2-3 hours to fix my PC bc im going to a lan party. I just finished modding my PC. When I boot it up, it gets stuck at the loading screen (Win 8), and i see that at the beginning of the loading of Windows 8, my HDD LED flashes rlly fast. Than it just lights up for about 4 seconds, it blinks, and it turns on for 4 secs, and the loop keeps going on. It sends me to the Automatic Repair thing, but the same thing happens with the HDD LED, and it gets stuck at the repair too. PLS Help me. And thank you.

How do you mean 'modding'? Was the machine working before you played with it or have you just finished building it for the first time?

MAXIMUS VII HERO | i7 4770K w/ H100i | 2x8GB 1600MHz | GALAX GTX 970 x2
250GB SSD boot | 250GB x2, 1TB SSD storage | Corsair 400C | Corsair RM550

How do you mean 'modding'? Was the machine working before you played with it or have you just finished building it for the first time?

It was working before. I didn't do anything special. I added a big ass window to the side panel, but I couldn't close the panel BC of the window. I just had to cut a little part off the case, so the panel could latch on to the case.

AMD FX-8350 // ASUS Radeon R9 280X Matrix // ASUS M5A97 Pro // Corsair Vengance 8GB 1600MHz // Corsair RM850 PSU //  WD Green 2TB // Corsair H60 // Cooler Master Elite 430 // KBParadise V60 MX Blue // Logitech G602 // Sennheiser HD 598 + Focusrrrrite 2i2 + MXL V67 // Samsung SyncMaster 245BW 1920x1200 // #killedmywife  #afterdark  #makebombs #Twerkit      "it touches my junk"   linus 2014

My guess is that you got a metal shaving on something and it is shorting. Maybe try blowing some air into some nooks and crannies and see if you find something?

My rig: 2600k(4.2 GHz) w/ Cooler Master hyper 212+, Gigabyte Z68-UD3H-B3, Powercolor 7870 xt(1100/1500) w/AIO mod,

8GB DDR3 1600, 120GB Kingston HyperX 3K SSD, 1TB Seagate, Antec earthwatts 430, NZXT H2

Verified max overclock, just for kicks: http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=2609399

Wouldn't be posting/powering if something was shorting...

Tried a system repair/system restore with your Win8 disk?

Wouldn't be posting/powering if something was shorting...

Tried a system repair/system restore with your Win8 disk?

Depends on what is shorting and how badly. But a dremel (or whatever tool was used) would have no way of altering the contents of the HDD. So that shouldn't be a problem.

My rig: 2600k(4.2 GHz) w/ Cooler Master hyper 212+, Gigabyte Z68-UD3H-B3, Powercolor 7870 xt(1100/1500) w/AIO mod,

8GB DDR3 1600, 120GB Kingston HyperX 3K SSD, 1TB Seagate, Antec earthwatts 430, NZXT H2

Verified max overclock, just for kicks: http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=2609399

check you cables and connections first. you could have pinched a cable.. 

Go into advanced trouble shooting and do a chkdsk and a sfc scan

If it doesn't work just do the Win8 refresh

check you cables and connections first. you could have pinched a cable.. 

A 'pinched' cable wouldn't cause any problems.

X-10 - 7980XE - Gigabyte Aorous Gaming 9 - 128GB GSkill TridentZ RGB - SLI Asus GTX 1080 TI Strix
Easy Desk GuideMalware Removal Guide - New mobo, Same OS Guide

A 'pinched' cable wouldn't cause any problems.

I pinched a cable going to my hdd luckily my second drive and it would not write to it. replaced the cable good as new. and yes it was working fine before i smashed it trying to get a panel on and i did the no no of forcing it on

Well. I tried installing windows from my USB, but when if boot off of the USB, it sends me to the windows loading screen, and the same thing with the HDD LED happens :( I don't know what it could be. I removed and plugged in the cables again just to make sure, and I blew the whole motherboard so any particles from the cutting could be removed. No luck. 

Could be a bad drive, you didn't give it a heavy knock while modding at all? Try a quick reload on another HDD (if you have a spare one) just to rule out any other parts causing the failure.