One Drive for business

Hey guys,

We’re trying to work out the best way to move all our users from our local file server to OneDrive for business. My trouble is most users have like 40-60gb of data and the few we have tested it on it’s slowing their computers right down trying to sync all that data. 

Currently we’re put the one drive on their C drive then moving everything from their area on the file server to that folder then letting that sync. 

But when some of them have like 20,000 files to sync one drive starts using like 1/2GB of ram they only have (4gb of ram total) 

we’re both a bit stumped if there is a better way to do this. 

I lurk a lot

Doing it overnight?

Or just upload manually folder after folder using the browser version of OneDrive.

8 minutes ago, The Viking said:

Doing it overnight?

Or just upload manually folder after folder using the browser version of OneDrive.

Thing is we have to log on as the user to set it up so without changing all their passwords that wouldnt be possible

I lurk a lot

That sounds like nightmare

I understand the flexibility using online storage (not as storage backup).

But for main storage, that just nightmare, whoever propose the idea need to get demoted.

If this scenario was using private server, you can log on into that server and ZIP everything into single file, download it and extract it locally.

Other than just download and wait, there isn't much you can do.

Build a Local NAS, or at least recommend it to your supervisor or whoever manage the business.