how can i test if its my motherboard or cpu is defective without having a second rig or processor?

is there any way to test if my processor is dead (the pin was bent but working, until it stopped! i straighten it and still nothing, what do i do?

will it be possible for my asrock ab350 pro 4 motherboard to boot without the cpu (r5 1600) installed?

how harmful can it be to hack the psu and having everything connected?

i just want to know if i have a dead motherboard.

Just now, johniton said:

how harmful can it be to hack the psu and having everything connected?

?

PSU Nerd | PC Parts Flipper | Cable Management Guru

Helpful Links: PSU Tier List | Why not group reg? | Avoid the EVGA G3

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Delta (Laptop) | Galaxy S21 Ultra | Pacific Spirit XT (Server)

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Pacific Spirit XT - Server

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

what do you mean "hack" and what would you try to do that for?

CPU: AMD Sempron 2400+ / MOBO: Abit NF7-S2G / GPU: WinFast A180BT 64MB / RAM: Mushkin DDR333 256MBx2 / HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM 120GB

1 minute ago, meenmeen1103 said:

what do you mean "hack" and what would you try to do that for?

I'm guessing he means is there a way to get the motherboard to "post" in some way to show that it works.

and the answer is no.

It's not a race to the bottom.

"hack", powering the power supply on without the use of the motherboard(cause nothing happens) 

Just now, johniton said:

"hack", powering the power supply on without the use of the motherboard(cause nothing happens) 

That's not hacking, that's just plugging in the power supply.

When you plug in your toaster and leave it idle does that break it? Is that hacking?

PSU Nerd | PC Parts Flipper | Cable Management Guru

Helpful Links: PSU Tier List | Why not group reg? | Avoid the EVGA G3

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Delta (Laptop) | Galaxy S21 Ultra | Pacific Spirit XT (Server)

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Pacific Spirit XT - Server

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

What purpose would powering the PSU without plugging into a cpu serve in a scenario where you don't know if the mobo or cpu are defective?

CPU: AMD Sempron 2400+ / MOBO: Abit NF7-S2G / GPU: WinFast A180BT 64MB / RAM: Mushkin DDR333 256MBx2 / HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM 120GB

what i meant was bridging the black and green wires on the 24pin connector so the PSU will start sending power to everything that its connected to which is my entire rig. 

Just now, johniton said:

what i meant was bridging the black and green wires on the 24pin connector so the PSU will start sending power to everything that its connected to which is my entire rig. 

That's cool and all but if you're omitting the motherboard from that scenario then how is that a useful test?

oh no, i just did it had the 24pin connected to the motherboard while it was bridging the wires then flic the switch and everything powered on (fans, lights everything) but no post could it be the Processor?

9 minutes ago, johniton said:

oh no, i just did it had the 24pin connected to the motherboard while it was bridging the wires then flic the switch and everything powered on (fans, lights everything) but no post could it be the Processor?

Just for testing's sake: unplug everything from your system except the PSU to motherboard and CPU with ram also plugged in. No jumper cable on 24pin (short/hack/ etc) and instead of using the case connections for front I/O (power buttons and case usb connections) just short the motherboard pins for power switch with a screwdriver. Best to try this with motherboard outside the case, like on a cardboard box or clean wooden desk.

Just now, johniton said:

i did that already.

Well if it didn't boot correctly by shorting the power switch pins on motherboard but it did when shorting the 24pin connector directly, then that points to the motherboard not knowing when to power up

i also reseated the cpu and reinsert the M.2 boot drive.