OBS causing input lag?

I want to record with OBS instead of Shadowplay but literally just having OBS open in the background caused just a small bit of input lag, recording does nothing to contribute to it, just having the application open. Is there some way to get rid of this? Also I have the preview off cause that seems to help a little bit but it's still noticeable. I have a gtx 1060 a ryzen 7 and 16gb of ram btw

maybe you have too much stuff open and its hard on your CPU

1 minute ago, Holy Grail said:

maybe you have too much stuff open and its hard on your CPU

I don't, I've closed everything except the game I'm playing and OBS and nothing changed, besides, I have a Ryzen 7, I don't think it would be hard on my cpu

1 hour ago, lolzisgoodforu said:

I don't, I've closed everything except the game I'm playing and OBS and nothing changed, besides, I have a Ryzen 7, I don't think it would be hard on my cpu

must be a bad install or some driver issue then

Your game and OBS are fighting over resources. Try assigning OBS to the the last half of your CPU, and your game to the first half. You can do this using Set Affinity on task manager

PLEASE QUOTE ME IF YOU ARE REPLYING TO ME

Desktop Build: Ryzen 7 2700X @ 4.0GHz, AsRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming, 48GB Corsair DDR4 @ 3000MHz, RX5700 XT 8GB Sapphire Nitro+, Benq XL2730 1440p 144Hz FS

Retro Build: Intel Pentium III @ 500 MHz, Dell Optiplex G1 Full AT Tower, 768MB SDRAM @ 133MHz, Integrated Graphics, Generic 1024x768 60Hz Monitor

On 3/21/2018 at 3:14 PM, rcmaehl said:

Your game and OBS are fighting over resources. Try assigning OBS to the the last half of your CPU, and your game to the first half. You can do this using Set Affinity on task manager

Tried this and it changed nothing