No signal? PLEASE help!

rasesh

Hey guys, I could seriously use your help in this situation I'm having at the moment.

All my parts are brand new when I built my computer a year ago and everything was working fine and now all of a sudden my monitor is showing "no signal" message on boot up of the PC.

- Using onboard graphics from intel i7 6700k cpu

- The PC boots up perfectly fine

- I bought a new HDMI cable & that didn't help so it's not the cable

- I tried searching youtube and did many troubleshooting steps like: 1) Taking off the power cable from the back and holding the power on button on PC for 30 seconds-1min.   2) Re-installed the ram sticks.  

I seriously need my PC back up and running like yesterday!

Please please help! 

you need to give us some more info...

you said onboard graphics are working fine. does this mean they WERE working fine and now do nothing, or that they still work fine but your GPU is not working?

have you tried clearing CMOS (removing the motherboard battery and putting it back in)?

tried booting to the BIOS with only the CPU, PSU, 1 stick of RAM in the 1st slot, and cooler installed?

Main Rig: R9 5950X @ PBO, RTX 3090, 64 GB DDR4 3666, InWin 101, Full Hardline Watercooling

Server: R7 1700X @ 4.0 GHz, GTX 1080 Ti, 32GB DDR4 3000, Cooler Master NR200P, Full Soft Watercooling

LAN Rig: R5 3600X @ PBO, RTX 2070, 32 GB DDR4 3200, Dan Case A4-SFV V4, 120mm AIO for the CPU

HTPC: i7-7700K @ 4.6 GHz, GTX 1050 Ti, 16 GB DDR4 3200, AliExpress K39, IS-47K Cooler

Router: R3 2200G @ stock, 4GB DDR4 2400, what are cases, stock cooler

I don't have a problem...

9 minutes ago, tarfeef101 said:

you need to give us some more info...

you said onboard graphics are working fine. does this mean they WERE working fine and now do nothing, or that they still work fine but your GPU is not working?

have you tried clearing CMOS (removing the motherboard battery and putting it back in)?

tried booting to the BIOS with only the CPU, PSU, 1 stick of RAM in the 1st slot, and cooler installed?

- I've never owned a GPU. Have always used onboard graphics on the intel i7-6700k.

- I'm pretty sure everything is working perfect and not sure what happened all of a sudden.

- I haven't tried the CMOS reset. 

- Yes, I've tried booting with just the 1 stick of ram, cpu, psu, and cooler.

My problem randomly occurred.

Woke up yesterday and turned the computer on and "no signal" message on monitor.  Never had this before.

Thanks. 

1 hour ago, rasesh said:

- Snip -

Please try clearing CMOS. Resetting the BIOS to defaults often helps with these kinds of things.

Main Rig: R9 5950X @ PBO, RTX 3090, 64 GB DDR4 3666, InWin 101, Full Hardline Watercooling

Server: R7 1700X @ 4.0 GHz, GTX 1080 Ti, 32GB DDR4 3000, Cooler Master NR200P, Full Soft Watercooling

LAN Rig: R5 3600X @ PBO, RTX 2070, 32 GB DDR4 3200, Dan Case A4-SFV V4, 120mm AIO for the CPU

HTPC: i7-7700K @ 4.6 GHz, GTX 1050 Ti, 16 GB DDR4 3200, AliExpress K39, IS-47K Cooler

Router: R3 2200G @ stock, 4GB DDR4 2400, what are cases, stock cooler

I don't have a problem...

When I had a problem like this it was a dead port on the monitor rather than an issue with the computer. It turned out static discharge had killed the dvi port, so I switched to an hdmi cable and everything worked fine. I discovered it by trying different port/cable configurations until I found one that worked - it helped that I had additional monitors and video outs to try (I had a video card as well as onboard video to work with and 3 more monitors that all worked).