OS Raid 0 Set up (SSD)

MrPanda

HI :S

I just got all new computer set up, but im going to use my two of my old OCZ 120G Agility 3 as my OS drive and set them up as RAID 0 i know its over kill but i want to give it a try :D my mother board is Asus Maximums IV Extreme. I know how to set up a RAID with none boot drive but i dont know how to set up the boot drive. Im not sure if i should run Windows 7 OR 8.

Do i need to up grade the firmware on the SSD on another computer first or i can do it after i got them working? Do i set up the RAID first then install the OS or do it while installing the OS. According my mother board i need a floppy drive with RAID driver??.... to set up OS RAID. 

I heard Windows 7 comes with RAID drivers like i have no clue as you can tell:( Someone please give me a hand would be best if you can find a video xD 

Dont touch the stripe or sector size in your RAID0 windows will hate you and throw up all sorts of errors

Install a quick temporary OS onto each drive and update the firmware that way (trust me its by far the easiest way!)

Id say go for Windows 8.1

You dont need a floppy disk with it, pop the Raid driver on a USB pen drive and plug it in when asked 

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

Thanks for the fast reply :D 

So OS on both drive for the point of updating the firmware, after that format both drive and install windows 8?

Would windows 8 ask me if i want to do RAID while installing it or i have to do it in the BIOS after the installation or before the installation. Where would i get the RAID driver xD 

I sound so stupid xD

Thanks for the fast reply :D

So OS on both drive for the point of updating the firmware, after that format both drive and install windows 8?

Would windows 8 ask me if i want to do RAID while installing it or i have to do it in the BIOS after the installation or before the installation. Where would i get the RAID driver xD 

I sound so stupid xD

Yeah temp OS to update firmware and then format and start again.

No you have to set RAID in the BIOS and then set it up in the BIOS ROM Menu (look in your mobo manual to see how

The raid driver will be under SATA, Online where you get the rest of your drivers for the mobo

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

Thanks Buddy :) i guess i will giveit a try when i have time a see if i got the skill to post a build blog and if i cant get it to work i will be needing you again xD

Install both SSD. In the BIOS set the SATA mode to RAID. Save and restart. When prompted type Ctrl+I to enter the Intel RAID BIOS. Create the RAID array (all data will be wiped from both SSD). Boot to the o/s install image and proceed to install. Should work for both Win 7 & 8.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.