is $350 for an ax7990 worth it?

Kyaku

As title says, im about to buy a Powercolor HD 7990, for $350, is it worth it? Has anyone heard of problems with this card? Besides Amd's software....

seems like a good deal but im pretty sure there are alot of problems with that card

OMG GET IT

| Case: NZXT Tempest 210 | CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K @ 3.9 Ghz | GPU: ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1070 | RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical 8GB |

| Mouse: Zowie FK1 | Monitor: Acer 21.5' | Keyboard: CoolerMaster Stealth w/ Brown Switches |

#KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #1080penis

For mining hell yeah. But gaming on multi monitor, I heard that it has problems with frame pacing. 

The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.

For mining hell yeah. But gaming on multi monitor, I heard that it has problems with frame pacing. 

They kinda fixed that.... Kinda.

really great price

Big Bertha3570k @ 4.5GhzASRock Fatal1ty Z777970 DCUII TOP EVGA GTX 780Swiftech H220 w/ NF-F1216GB RAM128GB Kingston HyperX 3K1TB Western Digital Black40GB Western Digital Raptor 10K PeripheralsMionix 3200 MouseCMStorm Quickfire Rapid w/ Cherry MX Blues2 x Dell U2713HM AudioAsus ROG Orion Pro HeadsetSony XB-500AKG K240Bose AE2i​Fiio E10

Samsung Galaxy S45.0" 1920x1080p Super AMOLED screen16GB Storage2600 mAh battery1.9Ghz quad-core Krait CPU2GB RAMCyanogenMod CameraNikon D310018x55mm NIKKOR VR Lens14.2 MP

Buy it. Buy it now.

DO IT.

I can be a cynical a**hole at times. I apologize if I cause any offence at those time. I also occasionally have issues communicating my point. Extreme introversion + Photographic memory + Some other things.

Desktop: i5-4670k - 8gb 1600MHz - MSI 7850

Laptop: i7-4810QM - GTX 870m - 8gb RAM

Personally I would save a bit more and go for a powerful single card solution... But that might just be because I hate the 7990. It is an actual burning inferno, and loud as hell. Thats coming from someone with dual gtx 470s. DUAL FERMI.

Um yes extremely 

OS - Windows 8.1 Motherboard - ASUS M5A99FX Pro R2.0 Processor - AMD FX 8350 Black Edition RAM - 16GB 2x8 Crucial Ballistix Sport Graphics Card - Gigabyte Windforce 2 OC GTX 660 Power Supply - Corsair CX750M CPU Cooler - NZXT Kraken X60 Wireless Adapter - ASUS PCE-N15 PCI-E Adapter Fans - x3 Masscool blue LED 120mm Fans Case - Fractal Design Define R4

Monitor - Dell S2230MX 21.5-inch Keyboard - Logitech G105 Mouse - Logitech G602 Speakers - Logitech Z130 Headsets/Headphones - Tt eSports Shock, AKG K240, California Headphones Laredo Phone - iPhone 4S

Personally I would save a bit more and go for a powerful single card solution... But that might just be because I hate the 7990. It is an actual burning inferno, and loud as hell. Thats coming from someone with dual gtx 470s. DUAL FERMI.

dude the thing is normally like 800$ maybe try and flip some profit on it if anything else ( sell it on ebay and put it on as like a  bitcoin mining card)

Really, I have seen about 5 separate reviews of this card performing better than the 690 and at lower temps.

dude the thing is normally like 800$ maybe try and flip some profit on it if anything else ( sell it on ebay and put it on as like a  bitcoin mining card)

Exactly. It's an $800 card. Why would somebody be willing to sell it for $350? If OP doesn't know the seller personally I wouldn't trust this at all.

Totally eliminated in the last Catalyst update, now on par with Nvidia.

Not totally eliminated. The issue has been alleviated but it wont be totally eliminated until there is a hardware fix. It is much MUCH better though. But no, they are not on part with nvidia yet.

I had a Powercolor 7990 that I got from Newegg. I RMA'd that sucker SO fast. It had so many issues. That card get to nearly 90c with fans on 100% while mining. That is just ridiculous. Would not recommend.

Although, buying it and turning a profit on it isn't a bad idea ;)

Really, I have seen about 5 separate reviews of this card performing better than the 690 and at lower temps.

Citation please. Otherwise disregarding what you said.

The first one that comes to mind is the TechofTomorrow review

ty hadnt seen that. In any case I dont consider either of them a good option. And if somebody is selling one for $350 I would be willing to bet there is something wrong with it. (unless OP knows the seller personally)

That is a good point I had not considered.

Im going to his house to test it... any suggestions on what i should use to test it? Yeah i think ima buy it and just flip it to fund my custom loop, i already bought a block for my 7970, kinda of a waste if i stuck with the 7990. 

Im going to his house to test it... any suggestions on what i should use to test it? Yeah i think ima buy it and just flip it to fund my custom loop, i already bought a block for my 7970, kinda of a waste if i stuck with the 7990. 

What do you want to test it for?  A synthetic will let you pump out heat, but a game benchmark will let you know how it really runs.  I would try it out with BF4 or something for like an hour and see if it crashes or doesn't put out the frames it should.