New Processor, Same Problem

shit boi
Go to solution Solved by Guest,
1 hour ago, Matu20 said:

High perf mode is stupid, dont use it. It only manages your CPU in idle states, not under load.

No it isnt. On a pc(not a laptop) it is the only real powerplan that gives you the real performance. I also had a stuttering problem with BF1 and Tf2, couldnt fix it until i noticed that my powerplan was set to balanced not high perf. I switched it back to high perf and poof, the stuttering was gone. It doesnt only change the processor state, it does more.

Hello Guys!

As I had an I3-4160, I felt like it's time to do an upgrade.
I have bought an i5-4460, as It seemed like a budget friendly option on the Haswell Architecture.

Now, When I launched BF1, I saw unplayable framerates. My FPS was between 3 and 40, on the lowest graphical settings. Yes, not 30, but 3

I have  a GTX 1060 3GB, as well as 8GB of DDR3 RAM.

It does it in every game, that can be called demanding, be it BF4, BF1, Kingdom Come, ANYTHING.

Please help, very urgent!

Current config.: I5-4460, GTX 1060 3GB, 8GB RAM

Do you have a way of viewing what resource is being maxed out? Is it really high utilization of the CPU or GPU or something else?

3 minutes ago, Zomicron said:

Start with using DDU (display driver remover) to remove ALL display drivers and then install the latest version for your graphics card 

already done that

3 minutes ago, Windows7ge said:

Do you have a way of viewing what resource is being maxed out? Is it really high utilization of the CPU or GPU or something else?

yes, I do, the processor is 100% load all the time, sometimes drops to 94-90%, GPU sitting at about 35-40%

1 minute ago, Zomicron said:

Good. Is the card overclocked currently? Is this just BF1 or also other games? Try a gpu benchmark to see if it does the same thing. 

card is not oc'd, other AAA games do it too, did a benchmark, no problems there, cinebench outputted no.1 score

5 hours ago, shit boi said:

yes, I do, the processor is 100% load all the time, sometimes drops to 94-90%, GPU sitting at about 35-40%

Interesting. I'd check system processes while the game is running. See if other applications are using up the CPU while trying to run the game at the same time.

Just now, Windows7ge said:

Interesting. I'd check system processes while the game is running. See if other applications are using up the CPU while trying to run the game at the same time.

I literally run no other programs, except afterburner when watching system resources

1 minute ago, shit boi said:

I literally run no other programs, except afterburner when watching system resources

might be malware? have you done a run with malwarebytes?

some malware will use your pc to mine crypto-currencies. so that would explain the high usage.

Just now, RollinLower said:

might be malware? have you done a run with malwarebytes?

some malware will use your pc to mine crypto-currencies. so that would explain the high usage.

nope, done searches with avast, and malwarebytes

5 minutes ago, Zomicron said:

Good. Is the card overclocked currently? Is this just BF1 or also other games? Try a gpu benchmark to see if it does the same thing. 

overclocking the card wont help if its only being utilised upto 40% whilst the CPU is at almost 100%

16 minutes ago, shit boi said:

Hello Guys!

As I had an I3-4160, I felt like it's time to do an upgrade.
I have bought an i5-4460, as It seemed like a budget friendly option on the Haswell Architecture.

Now, When I launched BF1, I saw unplayable framerates. My FPS was between 3 and 40, on the lowest graphical settings. Yes, not 30, but 3

I have  a GTX 1060 3GB, as well as 8GB of DDR3 RAM.

It does it in every game, that can be called demanding, be it BF4, BF1, Kingdom Come, ANYTHING.

Please help, very urgent!

Current config.: I5-4460, GTX 1060 3GB, 8GB RAM

Reinstall all your drivers, including chipset and audio. Once you have done that, run the test again with demanding and non demanding games. if it is still the same it could be an issue with the motherboard or ram stability so do some stress testing. 

Also try increasing things like texture and resolution to see if you utilised your GPU more and not have the CPU pegged at 100%. It could be just that a locked i5 or i3 doesn't really cut it from haswell/older anymore

Ryzen Ram Guide

My Project Logs   Iced Blood    Temporal Snow    Temporal Snow Ryzen Refresh

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

5 hours ago, shit boi said:

Do you see BF1 pegging the CPU at 90%+ utilization under task manager? Or do you just know the CPU is under 100% utilization while the game is running? I wonder if the game is running some useless background processes eating the CPU.

1 minute ago, Zomicron said:

Do you have any displays connected to the Intel integrated graphics? Maybe your computer is using the wrong gpu in games 

This is also a legitimate check 

Ryzen Ram Guide

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

Just now, stealth80 said:

This is also a legitimate check 

Oh look at me, the millionaire who can afford more displays :D. No, I only use one display sadly, and it is connected to the GPU

2 minutes ago, stealth80 said:

overclocking the card wont help if its only being utilised upto 40% whilst the CPU is at almost 100%

Reinstall all your drivers, including chipset and audio. Once you have done that, run the test again with demanding and non demanding games. if it is still the same it could be an issue with the motherboard or ram stability so do some stress testing. 

Also try increasing things like texture and resolution to see if you utilised your GPU more and not have the CPU pegged at 100%. It could be just that a locked i5 or i3 doesn't really cut it from haswell/older anymore

it shouldn't..... checking out on youtube, this game should run on the same setup with ultra settings, at around 80-70 FPS.

High performance mode in windows?

Just now, Some Random Member said:

High performance mode in windows?

nope....

Just now, shit boi said:

it shouldn't..... checking out on youtube, this game should run on the same setup with ultra settings, at around 80-70 FPS.

do the drivers, all of them and run some stress tests/ram checks. Something is pegging that CPU, so either its instability, ram is filling up, or something else is eating up the resources

Ryzen Ram Guide

2 minutes ago, stealth80 said:

do the drivers, all of them and run some stress tests/ram checks. Something is pegging that CPU, so either its instability, ram is filling up, or something else is eating up the resources

how do I uninstall all of my drivers at once?

3 minutes ago, shit boi said:

how do I uninstall all of my drivers at once?

go into app settings and do it one by one and decline reboot until you have uninstalled them all. Once you have done it, boot into safe mode and run DDU for intel/Nvidia

Ryzen Ram Guide

1 minute ago, stealth80 said:

go into app settings and do it one by one and decline reboot until you have uninstalled them all. Once you have done it, boot into safe mode and run DDU for intel/Nvidia

but there are a lot, Do I uninstall the most important ones, or all of them... Or do I just reinstall windows, making it faster?

19 minutes ago, shit boi said:

Oh look at me, the millionaire who can afford more displays :D. No, I only use one display sadly, and it is connected to the GPU

in bios did you turn off intergrated graphics 

28 minutes ago, shit boi said:

nope....

Then put it in high performance mode god damnit! I had horrible fps in balanced mode, high performance mode is the only real power mode you should use on a pc.

Have you checked with task manager what is using up the resources when playing?

3 minutes ago, Some Random Member said:

Then put it in high performance mode god damnit! I had horrible fps in balanced mode, high performance mode is the only real power mode you should use on a pc.

High perf mode is stupid, dont use it. It only manages your CPU in idle states, not under load.

1 hour ago, Matu20 said:

No it isnt. On a pc(not a laptop) it is the only real powerplan that gives you the real performance. I also had a stuttering problem with BF1 and Tf2, couldnt fix it until i noticed that my powerplan was set to balanced not high perf. I switched it back to high perf and poof, the stuttering was gone. It doesnt only change the processor state, it does more.