Legal Windows 10 for new rig

MaciejT

Hey guys!

I'm waiting for parts for my new (first) rig. I need Windows 10 license. It was free but now it isn't. 

So, I got 2 Windows 7 serial numbers from my old laptops. Will it help? Is there any option to reuse them for Win10?

Thanks!

nah you'd have to buy Windows 10.

Don't worry. you can buy them for like $7 to $20 on g2a or similar websites. 

CPU: AMD 3800X GPU: GTX 1080 Ti RAM: (16GB) 2x Corsair 8gb DDR4 3200Mhz Drives: SanDisk 240GB SSD, Samsung 500GB SSD, WD 1TB HDD

Motherboard: MSI X470 Gaming pro plus PSU: Gigabyte 650 watt Monitor(s): 27 inch AOC 1440p

No, the promotion has ended. It is no longer possible to upgrade a Windows 7 machine to Windows 10.

You can buy a new key from Microsoft. Or if your morals allow it, you can buy from an online reseller http://www.allkeyshop.com/catalogue/search.php?q=windows+10&sort=releasedateDesc

Those laptops will likely still upgrade (some OEM licenses were sorta extended indefinitely), but the license is still stuck on them - you can't transfer to a device of a different type (laptop vs desktop) and usually you can't transfer OEM licenses. 

You can use Windows 10 without a key. There is no requirement to insert a key, however you will be stuck with a watermark in the bottom right corner, and the Personalization Settings screen will be disabled (but all the options are still fully available through other apps and registry). Other than that, everything works exactly like an activated version of Windows 10. Updates and everything still work. 

Edited by DOGC_Kyle

4 minutes ago, DOGC_Kyle said:

Those laptops will likely still upgrade (some OEM licenses were sorta extended indefinitely), but the license is still stuck on them - you can't transfer to a device of a different type (laptop vs desktop) and usually you can't transfer OEM licenses. 

You can use Windows 10 without a key. There is no requirement to insert a key, however you will be stuck with a watermark in the bottom right corner, and the Personalization Settings screen will be disabled (but all the options are still fully available through other apps and registry). Other than that, everything works exactly like an activated version of Windows 10. Updates and everything still work. 

That's why a Iove this forum :). Thanks!