Need help i can,t much network i need help with pfsense and esxi

SweGamerHere

Hi! I should need help with pfsense and esxi i running esxi on a server with 2 network cards and i run esxi webui and pfsense wan on same port and lan interface on the another port and how should i do, If i connect my wan (ISP) to the wan / esxi webui port should it work or esxi webui being port forwarded to the public ip? Or can i do so? or should i need set a router before esxi and pfsense to get it working? or i need to change something somewhere? Please help me (Im 12 years ols)

Please help me

Thanks!

You don't want to publish the server management interface to the internet. Either reassign the WAN interface for pfsence (you should have multiple physical Ethernet ports) or change the LAN interface used for the WebUI. A physical port should be dedicated to the WAN interface. Esxi controls should be shared with the LAN interface or have it's own management LAN.

Im running on hpe dl120 g6 with vmware esxi 6.5 and can i remove the esxi webui on pfsense wan interface beacuse im have a webui vmkernel on the pfsense lan port but if pfsense crash can i open the esxi webui without pfsense? on lan port? Sorry bad english from sweden

Ops missed tagging @Windows7ge

beacuse im have a webui vmkernel on the pfsense lan port too

And im can,t test it just now beacuse'm my esxi is on my fathers network and my parents gonna too live in 2 houses if you know what im mean? and my server should be in my moms house and im gonna too control the internet their  i have 2 physical nics

Could you please provide a good and clear explanation of your current setup (both network and virtual machines) and preferably could you link the tutorial you are following or something like that so we know what you are trying to achieve?

@Levisallanon Hi im child and can,t much english but this i mean is i have 2 network interfaces (physical) and esxi default webui vmkernel and pfsense wan is on same ort and the other physical is for pfsense lan and should im remove the default vmkernel and create a for the pfsense lan (physical) and what happend if pfsense going down should i could open the esxi webui from the pfsense lan (physical) port or need i set a router for dhcp server to get me in on the esxi webui please help me im not know how to do? sorry if im sug on explain cause im from sweden and a child

Do not put your vmkernel behind a virtual machine router/firewall. You need to make sure you can access the esxi host even if the VMS are down.

using a vmkernel ip on the same portgroup as a vm is fine but trying to do routing inside a VM and relying on that routing for vmkernel is an unrecoverable situation waiting to happen.