Broken key

Yung Lead
Go to solution Solved by Yung Lead,

well i tried using alcohol to clean it but i cant get into the small space enough to clean it,so i dont know what to do.

edit: so I was impatient and dumped half a bottle and the key still does the same thing so i'll  just buy another one... :(

Hi there,

Okay I have a magic force 68? keyboard and when I type "v" it replaces it with a "2" "3" or replaces the text/delete or even opens a new tab.

I'm pretty sure I have to get a new keyboard, but before I do I'd like to see if I can fix it!

So I appreciate your help and Thanks!

Desktop 

R5 2600 OC 4.2GHz | CM Hyper 212 EVO | Asrock b450 Fatal1ty itx | Kingston HyperX Fury Black 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4 - 21333 | 2x SanDisk SSD+ 240GB | Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM IHDD | EVGA 1060 3GB SC GAMING | EVGA 600W ATX PSU | Cougar QBX

Current Project

17" Toshiba Laptop (i3 dual 2.1, 4gb ddr3 1333, 640gb HDD, integrated graphics)

----------------------------------upgraded/converted to-------------------------------

DIY desktop case (Gskill 8gb ddr3 1866, sandisk ssd+ 240gb)

You could just try and dumping a bottle of alcohol in it  you probably got something sticky in it or take it apart and clean it

My Personal Computer

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 1600 3.2GHz (OC 3.8) 6-Core Processor

Cpu cooler DEEPCOOL Gamer Storm CAPTAIN 240EX WHITE 
Motherboard: MSI - B350 TOMAHAWK ARCTIC ATX AM4 Motherboard 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz RAM 8x3

Storage: SAMSUNG 850 PRO 2.5" 256GB SATA III

Storage:SAMSUNG 850 PRO 2.5" 500GB SATA III
Video Card: RTX 2060
Case: NZXT - S340 Elite (White) ATX Mid Tower Case 
Power Supply: EVGA 550 B3 550W

Peripherals

Monitor: Acer XF240H 24" TN Free-Sync ,144 Hz 

Keyboard: Corsair k95 RGB platinum

Mouse: Razer basilisk

Headset: Hyperx cloud alpha pro

57 minutes ago, Vernw3 said:

You could just try and dumping a bottle of alcohol in it  you probably got something sticky in it or take it apart and clean it

Please be aware that yes, alcohol will clean it, but one thing you need to watch out for is that alcohol will remove the printed letters and numbers on your keyboard.

well i tried using alcohol to clean it but i cant get into the small space enough to clean it,so i dont know what to do.

edit: so I was impatient and dumped half a bottle and the key still does the same thing so i'll  just buy another one... :(

Desktop 

R5 2600 OC 4.2GHz | CM Hyper 212 EVO | Asrock b450 Fatal1ty itx | Kingston HyperX Fury Black 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4 - 21333 | 2x SanDisk SSD+ 240GB | Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM IHDD | EVGA 1060 3GB SC GAMING | EVGA 600W ATX PSU | Cougar QBX

Current Project

17" Toshiba Laptop (i3 dual 2.1, 4gb ddr3 1333, 640gb HDD, integrated graphics)

----------------------------------upgraded/converted to-------------------------------

DIY desktop case (Gskill 8gb ddr3 1866, sandisk ssd+ 240gb)

1 hour ago, Yung Lead said:

You can send it to me if you don't need it anymore.