New monitor choices HELP!

Almond

Hey everyone,

I've finally decided to get rid of my disgusting 32" Samsung TV Monitor which was too big for how close I was sitting away from. I'll be selling it for around £200 and I'm willing to up the budget to £300 for a decent monitor for gaming or watching videos. I have a laptop with a 120hz screen and I found the fluidity is really nice with higher refresh rate. I'm rambling too much so to make it quick, can someone give me suggestions on what to buy? I'd like decent colors and fluid gameplay with games like CS:Go, Fortnite, Black Desert Online and any upcoming games. I have a gtx970 to power the monitor. So to sum it up I want to buy a screen that is not bigger than 27" with nice colors and probably low ms(around 4ms) and if it's possible as high refresh rate as possible. Thanks everyone for your help!

Kind Regards, Dave.

Just now, Almond said:

it ends tomorrow and there's no way i'll sell my screen before then....That's actually upsetting.

could you get a quick loan from a relative or something and tell em you'll pay em back (of course with the monitor you're selling)

that would help make things work out if this scenario is possible

1 minute ago, General Winter said:

could you get a quick loan from a relative or something and tell em you'll pay em back (of course with the monitor you're selling)

that would help make things work out if this scenario is possible

I guess i could borrow money but i'd have to see. Where can i see if it does ship to the UK.

Just now, Almond said:

I guess i could borrow money but i'd have to see. Where can i see if it does ship to the UK.

you have to punch in your shipping address and it should tell you

im not from EU so i cant say from experience whether or not it can ship or the additional shipping cost is going to be; these vary from drop to drop

3 minutes ago, General Winter said:

you have to punch in your shipping address and it should tell you

im not from EU so i cant say from experience whether or not it can ship or the additional shipping cost is going to be; these vary from drop to drop

the shipping cost is $100.

Just now, Almond said:

the shipping cost is $100.

oh, well i don't know how much more expensive things are in EU so finding the cheapest "G sync 144hz monitor" on amazon or ebay would be your best starting point

Just now, General Winter said:

oh, well i don't know how much more expensive things are in EU so finding the cheapest "G sync 144hz monitor" on amazon or ebay would be your best starting point

is g-sync that important? i'd choose colors over g-sync any day I think.

5 minutes ago, Almond said:

is g-sync that important? i'd choose colors over g-sync any day I think.

if you want better fluidity than you'd want g sync

if you want better colors than thats the comprise between two monitors

even though i've only ever used 60hz; the g sync difference (my laptop has g sync) is pretty big and since its 60hz, i can run games at max settings more easily as well using only 60hz vs. a 120hz laptop w/o g sync

but i think if you want to remove tearing than you'd want g sync but if picture quality is more preferred than you can opt out of it if its not in your budget (or get a freesync monitor and get an amd card in the future if you want to think ahead, free sync is open source compared to g sync so all free sync monitors are much less expensive than g sync monitors)

1 minute ago, General Winter said:

if you want better fluidity than you'd want g sync

if you want better colors than thats the comprise between two monitors

even though i've only ever used 60hz; the g sync difference (my laptop has g sync) is pretty big and since its 60hz, i can run games at max settings more easily as well using only 60hz vs. a 120hz laptop w/o g sync

but i think if you want to remove tearing than you'd want g sync but if picture quality is more preferred than you can opt out of it if its not in your budget (or get a freesync monitor and get an amd card in the future if you want to think ahead, free sync is open source compared to g sync so all free sync monitors are much less expensive than g sync monitors)

I'll see if there are any decent 120hz g-sync monitors for around £250-£300. I was looking at this https://www.amazon.co.uk/Acer-27-inch-Monitor-FreeSync-ZeroFrame/dp/B078PP3V1J/ref=sr_1_1?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1521060580&sr=1-1&keywords=Acer%2BED273A&th=1        and was wondering if it's any decent, i know its freesync but maybe ill upgrade my gpu from gtx970 to a AMD card.

48 minutes ago, Almond said:

I'll see if there are any decent 120hz g-sync monitors for around £250-£300. I was looking at this https://www.amazon.co.uk/Acer-27-inch-Monitor-FreeSync-ZeroFrame/dp/B078PP3V1J/ref=sr_1_1?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1521060580&sr=1-1&keywords=Acer%2BED273A&th=1        and was wondering if it's any decent, i know its freesync but maybe ill upgrade my gpu from gtx970 to a AMD card.

you get more for your money if it isn't curved so this much more for your money

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Acer-27-inch-Monitor-FreeSync-ZeroFrame/dp/B075YVCBM8/ref=pd_sbs_147_6?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=NWPEYZ532N4R6D0BRJB2

1 hour ago, General Winter said:

why is it that companies don't make ips panels with higher refresh rate? at least it's really hard to find a decently priced ips panel with 120hz or so.