Low Fire Strike scores

Go to solution Solved by DildorTheDecent,
36 minutes ago, OpticFusion said:

Would any old used hard drive be better then a USB stick?

An old used hard drive would be much faster and better suited to running a full blown Windows OS. Most USB drives just can't handle the sheer amount of random I/O operation like a HDD/SSD can.

Even an old IDE HDD with an adapter would, in theory, do a better job.

Hi

I just build my first PC and every thing seemed to be working fine, however when it came to running the fire strike benchmark, the score I got was 4997.

The graphics card is a GTX 980 and  my CPU is a core i5  6600k. When running the benchmark only one fan spins of the graphics card and does running windows 8.1 on a USB drive (temporary bases) affect the Fire Strike benchmark?

Here is a link to the benchmark- https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/25602475

Thanks

The Asus UX305 has an Almighty Intel core M-5Y10 0.8GHZ, GPU Intel HD 5300 Windforce, SDD 120GB, Passively Cooled, 1920x1080 Matte Screen, An Fantastic ICEpower Audio Making my House Shake and Having more ports then a MacBook btw this not an advertisement.

1 minute ago, OpticFusion said:

Hi

I just build my first PC and every thing seemed to be working fine, however when it came to running the fire strike benchmark, the score I got was 4997.

The graphics card is a GTX 980 and  my CPU is a core i5  6600k. When running the benchmark only one fan spins of the graphics card and does running windows 8.1 on a USB drive (temporary bases) affect the Fire Strike benchmark?

Here is a link to the benchmark- https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/25602475

Thanks

"61 GB Microsoft Virtual Disk" Are you running a virtual machine?

Just run benchmarks in a normal windows environment. Install Windows to a proper drive instead of running it off a USB. I'd imagine that it is causing some sort of issue.

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

Just now, DildorTheDecent said:

"61 GB Microsoft Virtual Disk" Are you running a virtual machine?

Just run benchmarks in a normal windows environment. Install Windows to a proper drive instead of running it off a USB. I'd imagine that it is causing some sort of issue.

I am running windows on a USB stick for the time being until I get a SSD, as I wanted to see if everything worked before the return date expires. 

The Asus UX305 has an Almighty Intel core M-5Y10 0.8GHZ, GPU Intel HD 5300 Windforce, SDD 120GB, Passively Cooled, 1920x1080 Matte Screen, An Fantastic ICEpower Audio Making my House Shake and Having more ports then a MacBook btw this not an advertisement.

2 minutes ago, OpticFusion said:

I am running windows on a USB stick for the time being until I get a SSD, as I wanted to see if everything worked before the return date expires. 

When a computer POSTs that's usually good enough.

There's not much you're going to be able to do running Windows off a USB. Is there a drive available to use temporarily?

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

Possibly might just get a £15 hard drive from a computer shop for temporary use. 

36 minutes ago, OpticFusion said:

An old used hard drive would be much faster and better suited to running a full blown Windows OS. Most USB drives just can't handle the sheer amount of random I/O operation like a HDD/SSD can.

Even an old IDE HDD with an adapter would, in theory, do a better job.