Back Up Tips?

MPX309

Ok so What is the best way to back up my SSD OS drive? please don't say buy another SSD lol

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 | Cooler: Stock | RAM: 16GB Hyper Fury X RGB | GPU: RTX 2080 Super FTW3 | Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus Elite| PSU: Corsair RM850x
Storage: WD SN750 500GB / 850 500GB Samsung Evo /  | CASE: 570X | Display: Dell u2414h  | KEYBOARD: Corsair K70 | MOUSE: Corsair M65

Wd

Ok so What is the best way to back up my SSD OS drive? please don't say buy another SSD lol

1tb external drive wd

Download AOMEI Backupper. Set a scheduled backup for every 12 hours. 

Least costly: Buy an external 1TB HDD or bigger (preferably as big as possible). Back up to that.

Best Price-Ease of Use ratio: Buy a NAS and use that. 

Best Price-Performance ratio: Build a NAS and use that. 

Most costly/best performance: Build a Server and use that. 

Note: Server = a machine that does multiple things for multiple users (i.e. video streaming, music streaming, backups, firewall/router, etc.) 

NAS = Network Attached Storage and nothing else.

I have a server that is called a NAS for example built of old parts. It's great.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Do you have another internal HDD? You could just dedicate a partition to what you want to backup.  An external HDD is also a good idea.

Internal HDD/External HDD clone of your OS, and a copy of that to a NAS if possible. If you are bloody paranoid, burn your essentials to a MDisc and put them in a safe.

Personal Rig

i7 4790K | Asus Z97I-WiFi | CM 280L | Sapphire R9 290X Tri-X | Kingston ValueRAM 2 x 8GB | 128GB Samsung 840 Pro | 2TB Seagate SSHD | Seasonic Platinium 660W | Bitfenix Prodigy

Do you have another internal HDD? You could just dedicate a partition to what you want to backup.  An external HDD is also a good idea.

yeah I have 2 more, but don't want to use those, was kinda wondering what other people did really. . . I think External HDD sounds good. . . 1TB :)

Does the migration software allow me to clone SSD to HDD?

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 | Cooler: Stock | RAM: 16GB Hyper Fury X RGB | GPU: RTX 2080 Super FTW3 | Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus Elite| PSU: Corsair RM850x
Storage: WD SN750 500GB / 850 500GB Samsung Evo /  | CASE: 570X | Display: Dell u2414h  | KEYBOARD: Corsair K70 | MOUSE: Corsair M65

yeah I have 2 more, but don't want to use those, was kinda wondering what other people did really. . . I think External HDD sounds good. . . 1TB :)

Does the migration software allow me to clone SSD to HDD?

It should.  I don't have a back up personally.  I run an Intel 335 Series 250GB SSD, so I trust it.  I also don't have any data, all I would lose would be my Steam games, which are cloud saved anyway, all just a matter of re-downloading them.