Need help upgrading to new gaming rig!!

I need help! I am active duty military and I travel a lot(2-3 weeks a month not to mention deployments). Further, more and more I am gaming on the couch on my lapboard next to my wife who watches tv. I currently us an HP Pavilion x360 with integrated HD 520. Yes not much of a gaming laptop but it allows me to play Borderlands 2 and it is light and thin for travelling. I am ready for an upgrade though so I can start playing some games like Metro, The Division, Warframe, etc. I am a man of simple taste and I dont need RGB lighting and all that but I would like something with a Thunderbolt 3 so that a year or so down the road I can use an external card for more intense games. However, I am not sold on that idea if a 1060 in something like the Helios Predator 300 will last long enough to be worth the money. To be honest I am lost on what to get. The Razer Stealth is just too much and the Dell 7577 and the Helios are bulky or I am not sure about the longevity of them. I am just looking for advise and suggestions. Is there an option I am missing? What would you guys do? 

What's your budget? I'd go for a Razer Blade 14, it has integrated graphics but it does have a TB port for eGPUs.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

I am looking to stay below $1500 but depending on the value I would consider $1800. Was looking at the $1000 range but only the Dell Inspiron and Lenovo Y702 meet the requirements but both are a bit bulky. Started looking into RBlade and MSI 63. I like that the MSI has the numpad for work but I have lived without so it's not a must.