Gigabyte A320M-S2H dead after failed BIOS update - Recovery mode available?

ThaBozz

Ok, so I got the following:

Gigabyte GA-A320M-S2H

Ryzen 5 2400G

8GBx2 Crucial CT8G4DFS8266

Everything built, boots into UEFI. I prepared a thumb drive for a bios update (with Rufus, Freedos), and added the latest BIOS files (version 22b). Rebooted, ran the batch file, but the update process hung up at the earliest messages (Sorry I don't have the exact messages, but there were no erasing/writing messages, etc). I waited for about 10 minutes before realizing that the thing has locked up (Pressing Numlock didn't change the keyboard LED status) and rebooted. Since then, I am staring at a blank screen - no message, no keyboard leds - the fans spin but that's it.

I searched around and there seem to be some procedures to recover from a bad flash (putting the bios file in thumb drive, CD), pressing CTRL + Home during boot, etc, but nothing seems to work. I wonder if I might be missing some specific solution, if there is something that I should try.

FYI, this board has and AMI UEFI. Also tried another PSU, disconnected everything besides power switch, Removed/reinserted RAM, just to be sure.

Edit: forgot to mention that I cleared the CMOS (removed the battery, shorted the jumpers) but it didn't solve anything

Edited by ThaBozz
Forgot to mention something

• 2 months later...

This also happened to me did you ever resolve this issue?