Gtx 1050 vs 1050ti

What is the the difference between 1050 and 1050ti technically. Is 1050 worth if I cannot buy a 1050ti.

1 minute ago, johnukguy said:

What's your budget and what country are you in?

According to my budget i am at 100$ but in India I am at rs 10000.

2 minutes ago, KarathKasun said:

~20% performance difference AFAIK.

Is it ok to go with 1050 or rx 460 from Amd

If you have a Ryzen based system, you may want to look at the 2200G instead of the 1050,  and save up for a better card, otherwise, just get the best that you can reasonably afford.

The main advantage of the 1050TI compared to the 1050 is the 4gb vram as opposed to just having 2gb on the 1050. When you run out of it, everything goes to shit. The 1050 ti is more or less 10-15% stronger than the 1050. I would really recommend that you save for the 1050ti but a 1050 is better than nothing.

http://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-GTX-1050-Ti-vs-Nvidia-GTX-1050/3649vs3650

Spoiler

CPU: i7 5930k  |  Motherboard: EVGA X99 Classified  |  RAM: 32 GB Crucial DDR4  |  GPU:  R9 290 Reference Tri-Crossfire w/Kraken g10 mod  | Case: Corsair 780t  |  Storage: Sandisk 960GB SSD, Crucial 960GB SSD, 128GB Sandisk SSD, Seagate 2TB Hard Drive, Seagate Archive Drive 8TB, HGST Deskstar 4TB  |  PSU: Rosewill Gold Lightning-1300, Display(s): Nixeus Vue 24"144Hz FreeSync, 50in TV, Yiynova MVP22U(V3) Tablet Monitor w/ Mechanical Arm  |  Cooling: Cosair H55, H105, 2*Kraken X41  |  Keyboard:  Rosewill Mechanical Brown Keyboard| Mouse: MX Master, G602  | Sound:  Sennheiser HD 700, Westone W40, SoundBlaster e5, Fiio e18

Just now, johnukguy said:

If you have a Ryzen based system, you may want to look at the 2200G instead of the 1050,  and save up for a better card, otherwise, just get the best that you can reasonably afford.

2400g is worth the extra IMHO, especially if you are going to add a GPU later.

Just now, johnukguy said:

Thats My best choice but you know that Motherboad problem ( Bios Update Ravan Ridge ). This is my first build and i dint have any am4 socket ryzen processor to update it.

4 minutes ago, Pulkeet said:

Thats My best choice but you know that Motherboad problem ( Bios Update Ravan Ridge ). This is my first build and i dint have any am4 socket ryzen processor to update it.

If you contact AMD, they should loan you a cheap CPU that will enable you to upgrade the BIOS and install a 2200G (once you've bought the new APU). If you're system is working now with a Ryzen CPU in it (some PC stores will do this for you), you can upgrade the BIOS anyway. Just be sure to set it to optimized defaults before you flash it.

2 minutes ago, johnukguy said:

If you contact AMD, they should loan you a cheap CPU that will enable you to upgrade the BIOS and install a 2200G (once you've bought the new APU). If you're system is working now with a Ryzen CPU in it, you can upgrade the BIOS anyway. Just be sure to set it to optimized defaults before you flash it.

Is they are giving cpus to India .. I don't think so if no how to take that Risk.

1 minute ago, Pulkeet said:

Is they are giving cups to India .. I don't think so if no how to take that Risk.

I haven't seen anything to indicate that the AMD offer of a loaner CPU is region limited and you have nothing to lose by going through the application process, apart from a little time of course.

3 minutes ago, johnukguy said:

I haven't seen anything to indicate that the AMD offer of a loaner CPU is region limited and you have nothing to lose by going through the application process, apart from a little time of course.

Ok Thanks I will try to get some new Information 

2 minutes ago, Pulkeet said:

Ok Thanks I will try to get some new Information 

I hope it helps.

13 minutes ago, johnukguy said:

I hope it helps.

Yes sure ???????

1 hour ago, Pulkeet said:

What is the the difference between 1050 and 1050ti technically. Is 1050 worth if I cannot buy a 1050ti.

1050 Ti have more Cuda Cores and VRAM.

Performance wise, around 20%

perfrel_1920_1080.png

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

1 minute ago, xAcid9 said:

1050 Ti have more Cuda Cores and VRAM.

Performance wise, around 20%

perfrel_1920_1080.png

Ya it sounds good but is really any FPS difference I don't think so. Like 70 in 1050 and 72 in 1050ti

15 minutes ago, Pulkeet said:

Ya it sounds good but is really any FPS difference I don't think so. Like 70 in 1050 and 72 in 1050ti

70*1.2=84 fps.

Just kidding, in many cases performance difference is between 10%-20% but in some games that use a lot of VRAM the difference can be really huge.

rottr_1920_1080.png

hitman_1920_1080.png

doom_1920_1080.png

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |