EVGA GeForce GTX 780Ti Dual Classified "K|NGP|N Edition" priced and ready to pre-order (release 01/17/14)

ocCuS

if you get this, you should be watercooling it anyways, stop complaining about the ugly shroud.

Cpu: Intel i7 4770k @4.4 Ghz | Case: Corsair 350D | Motherbord: Z87 Gryphon | Ram: dominator platinum 4X4 1866 | Video Card: SLI GTX 980 Ti | Power Supply: Seasonic 1000 platinum | Monitor: ACER XB270HU | Keyboard: RK-9100 | Mouse: R.A.T. 7 | Headset : HD 8 DJ | Watercooled

That power design....

Amazing, ugly cooler though, would water cool 10/10.

Dat.Price.Tag.

Holy balls. price/performance strugglin yo.

CPU: Intel i5 4690k W/Noctua nh-d15 GPU: Gigabyte G1 980 TI MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 RAM: 16Gig Corsair Vengance Boot-Drive: 500gb Samsung Evo Storage: 2x 500g WD Blue, 1x 2tb WD Black 1x4tb WD Red

"Whatever AMD is losing in suddenly becomes the most important thing ever." - Glenwing, 1/13/2015

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18566334

from the official overclockers UK forum, where the retailer gave some more information:

Hi there

We are now taking pre-orders on the MIGHTY Kingpin Edition of the 780Ti which is designed primarily for people who do extreme cooling, the board power design and PCB is designed to be cooled by LN2, so to many of you out there, stick with the regular Classy:-

Now I need to make it clear to you guys a few important point, I've had a chat with EVGA today and they said I could share some information with you guys on the basis you understand its not an official statement from EVGA.

Classified cards are binned by EVGA, so the binning process on the Kingpin is very extreme, to the point this card is not mass production and might have a short lived product cycle.

Does the Kingpin card have a higher bin requirement compared to regular Classified? Yes it does, but for a GPU to get into the Classified card it has to be quite special, hence why sometimes stock can be quite short. The Kingpin is another grade beyond, so much to the point that maybe out of every 100 GPU's EVGA bin, only 20 make it to Classified status and maybe 1 for the Kingpin.

So in short the Classified will still be just as good as it ever was really.

So how does the Kingpin hit such high core speeds? Well in short the PCB/Power design is designed with super-cold cooling in mind and designed to excel in such conditions, so even a weakly binned GPU would still do quite well as the board design when cooled by LN2 excels.

In short Classifieds should still be damn good, KingPin cards won't offer much overclocking headroom improvement unless your using LN2 cooling, of course we shall do some testing of our own.

We are expecting our Classified deliveries to arrive any day now, so I shall be giving 8 Pack an early Christmas present and asking him to abuse one to see what he can get with the stock cooler and LN2.

Then once we get our hands on a KingPin, I shall get him to do the same.

In short Classy should be as good as it ever was, KingPin card is just raising the bar again, but is designed for LN2!

System:  Case: Phanteks Enthoo Primo (white) | Motherboard: ASUS X99 Deluxe | CPU: i7 5820k @ 4.4 GHz | GPU: 2x EVGA 780TI Classified K|ngp|n Edition in SLI | PSU: EVGA 1300W G2 + white cable sleeve set | SSD: 3x Samsung 840 EVO (250GB (boot) + 2x 500GB in Raid 0) RAM: Panram Ninja white DDR4 32GB @ 2400 MHz Cooling: Custom loop feat. EK (blocks for CPU + GPUs) / XSPC (Pump-Res-Combo + 2 radiators (480 + 360)) / Bitspower (fittings) | opt. drive: ASUS BluRay Combo | LED strips + controller: Phobya | Fans: Corsair (AF+SP) / Noiseblocker | OS: Windows 8.1 64bit | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ Mouse: ASUS ROG GX1000 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia Elite | Monitor: Asus PB278Q + QNIX QX2710 (both 27'' / 1440p) | Printer: Samsung CLP-365W

Scores (max settings):  Firestrike: 12841 (single) - 21011 (SLI) | Firestrike extreme: 6338 (single) - 11314 (SLI) | Heaven 4.0 1080p: 1881 (single) - 3379 (SLI) | Heaven 4.0 1440p: 1182 (single) - 2197 (SLI) | Valley 1.0 1080p: 3358 (single) - 4759 (SLI) | Valley 1.0 1440p: 2118 (single) - 3672 (SLI)