How bad is the m3

Go to solution Solved by butler1233,

Yeah, you aren't doing any editing on that. You're looking at a super-nerfed version of the i3, and you'll be working on a <5w chip, so it's got virtually no power. Its base clock is 1ghz.

The i5 and i7 options arent much better - They're all "Extremely low power" chips, with very low base clocks, and they won't boost for long. It's also so expensive for it's spec and accessories.

So i've been trying to find a new laptop and the crowd funded Eve V looks pretty darn appealing. My question is how crappy is the m3 processor in the base model of this laptop? i'm not going to consider the i5 because the i7 only costs $100 more. So can i get away with an m3 for 1080p video editing, really low end gaming (cuphead lol) and binge watching youtube videos. theres a massive $500 price difference so im leaning towards the m3 right now.

Yeah, you aren't doing any editing on that. You're looking at a super-nerfed version of the i3, and you'll be working on a <5w chip, so it's got virtually no power. Its base clock is 1ghz.

The i5 and i7 options arent much better - They're all "Extremely low power" chips, with very low base clocks, and they won't boost for long. It's also so expensive for it's spec and accessories.

m3 is literally low-low end, it even struggles to install windows 10 updates. It's fine for browsing the web, watching videos or editing word files, but anything more than that.... no. On my tablet that has an m3, I can use a pen to write stuff on docs but after a few megas of handwriting the files become unstable and unable to be saved, due to the processor (it's 1 core multithreaded). 

So avoid the m3. Video editing? Low end gaming? Gaming at all? Impossible. Forget about it. 

2 hours ago, IAmDeneke said:

snip

New Kaby Lake Refresh CPUs are WAY better. Could you tell me what's your budget and what are your requirements? Also if possible, provide me some links of online stores in your country so that I can help you to pick the right laptop.

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128