Adding a Rad to an a240r

Go to solution Solved by Damascus,
15 minutes ago, Wolfca said:

Awesome! I noticed on an Amazon review that Thermaltake rads have issues if you use non-thermaltake coolant-is this true? 

Just dont use it, thermaltake has a really bad rep forba reason.

Hey guys, 

I got an a240r kit to build my first custom loop for my 1700x and Vega 56. Before I go ahead, I noticed at my local Frys that they have the Thermaltake Pacific R120-a 120mm radiator that it says is aluminum. Can I use this to supplement the kit, or should be worried? Aluminum on aluminum should be fine, right? 

My PC:

O11 Dynamic | Ryzen 2600 | Vega 56 | EK Fluidgaming | Crosshair VI Hero | 16GB DDR4 3000 | CoolerMaster v750 | LG 27GN950 | Beyerdynamic DT 990

2 minutes ago, Wolfca said:

Hey guys, 

I got an a240r kit to build my first custom loop for my 1700x and Vega 56. Before I go ahead, I noticed at my local Frys that they have the Thermaltake Pacific R120-a 120mm radiator that it says is aluminum. Can I use this to supplement the kit, or should be worried? Aluminum on aluminum should be fine, right? 

The aluminum pacific rads are not an issue you will require fittings that are also aluminum based however. EKWB has expansion options also. 

https://www.ekfluidgaming.com/parts/

Awesome! I noticed on an Amazon review that Thermaltake rads have issues if you use non-thermaltake coolant-is this true? 

My PC:

O11 Dynamic | Ryzen 2600 | Vega 56 | EK Fluidgaming | Crosshair VI Hero | 16GB DDR4 3000 | CoolerMaster v750 | LG 27GN950 | Beyerdynamic DT 990

15 minutes ago, Wolfca said:

Just dont use it, thermaltake has a really bad rep forba reason.

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

Yeah I'm leaning towards not. If the 240 isn't enough, I have an excuse to upgrade later :)

My PC:

Not that you guys probably care, but I installed the loop and IT'S WORKING AND NOT LEAKING! Graphics have dropped ~35C, and CPU is about the same. And it's so much more quiet, even during a stress test! exciting stuff.

My PC: