CDMA carrier but all phones are GSM

Go to solution Solved by NinJake,

I had a CDMA only carrier in 2016, last year I switched over to T-Mobile, not only was I able to get the GSM one plus 3T, but my plan is cheaper for unlimited data AND they gave me a deal for switching off my other carrier, AND ported my number over.

Why don't you just switch to a GSM carrier then?

My LG G4 just died and I don't want to buy another phone from my carrier because they're really expensive. The problem is every phone I find says it's only compatible with "GSM" providers. I looked up the G4 and it also said the same thing so what the heck? Same with pretty much every new phone (they all say GSM and not CDMA). Is there anywhere that has phones that are CDMA compatible? Thanks for your help

thanks man that was helpful but none of the phones I want are on that list.

What do phone do you want? G5? G6? G7? Something other than the G series or other than an LG? There's a lot of phones both CDMA and GSM compatible. 

huawei mate se, leEco Le Pro3, Huawei Honor 8, zenfone 3 deluxe, onePlus 3T

1 hour ago, robotsalad said:

huawei mate se, leEco Le Pro3, Huawei Honor 8, zenfone 3 deluxe, onePlus 3T

Most of these can be found on the manufacturers website and amazon.. most phones support either GSM or CDMA, and some both. 

Just now, danielsuarez369 said:

Most of these can be found on the manufacturers website and amazon.. most phones support either GSM or CDMA, and some both. 

dude I know where to find the phones.. i was hoping to find where to buy one that is definitely CDMA compatible

26 minutes ago, robotsalad said:

Is there anywhere that has phones that are CDMA compatible?

I switched carriers because of that. Who wants Verizon anyway when you can have T-Mobile with free stuff every Tuesday and free Netflix with their unlimited program? Changing your number over is easy enough. :D

Just now, valdyrgramr said:

Just type in the model you want and cdma on amazon.

right, i was hoping there was a website that could accurately sort GSM or CDMA

1 hour ago, MaxBunny said:

I switched carriers because of that. Who wants Verizon anyway when you can have T-Mobile with free stuff every Tuesday and free Netflix with their unlimited program? Changing your number over is easy enough. :D

Yeah same! Verizon are a bunch of assholes for their role when it came to net neutrality, and Sprint is garbage so.. 

2 minutes ago, robotsalad said:

dude I know where to find the phones.. i was hoping to find where to buy one that is definitely CDMA compatible

I mean just buy from your carrier then

What phone are you looking for?

My life

1 minute ago, danielsuarez369 said:

Yeah same! Verizon are a bunch of assholes for their role when it came to net neutrality, and Sprint is garbage so.. 

Have you ever seen Bell or Rogers?

My life

1 hour ago, Himommies said:

While I hate buying phones from carriers, ur probs right.. all the phones you listed don't have a CDMA model from what I could see (Haven't checked the Huawei Honor 8, zenfone 3 deluxe)

1 minute ago, Himommies said:

see o.p.

31 minutes ago, robotsalad said:

My LG G4 just died and I don't want to buy another phone from my carrier because they're really expensive. The problem is every phone I find says it's only compatible with "GSM" providers. I looked up the G4 and it also said the same thing so what the heck? Same with pretty much every new phone (they all say GSM and not CDMA). Is there anywhere that has phones that are CDMA compatible? Thanks for your help

3 minutes ago, danielsuarez369 said:

While I hate buying phones from carriers, ur probs right.. all the phones you listed don't have a CDMA model from what I could see (Haven't checked the Huawei Honor 8, zenfone 3 deluxe)

Just looking at amazon you can get a S7

Pretty sure Huawei dosen't make CDMA phones as the only place it's used is half of the US

Same with Asus

Edit:Also Russia

My life

1 minute ago, valdyrgramr said:

They do, but you might wanna add "insert model here* cdma unlocked"  Amazon will do that if you search properly.

lame

see o.p.

I don't get OP.. CDMA carriers have to ask phone manufacturers to make a version of their own phone for them.. because almost the whole world uses GSM.. only the jackass that is Verizon and the shithole that is Sprint are the only ones that use them (idk if bell or rogers use them or how good/bad they are)

I don't get OP.. CDMA carriers have to ask phone manufacturers to make a version of their own phone for them.. because almost the whole world uses GSM.. only the jackass that is Verizon and the shithole that is Sprint are the only ones that use them (idk if bell or rogers use them or how good/bad they are)

Also russia

My life

1 hour ago, valdyrgramr said:

I'm sorry something so simple is so difficult.

Pretty sure OP is just trolling at this point

Your carrier is lame (presuming ur in the US) 

i agree. yeah i am and my carrier is lame.  good service so i've been loyal but I didn't know this problem even existed until now

1 hour ago, Himommies said:

Also russia

Today I realize, russia cares about smartphones..

Jokes aside.. CDMA is an ancient technology regardless and should be butchered 

i agree. yeah i am and my carrier is lame.  good service so i've been loyal but I didn't know this problem even existed until now

Why not join a superior network like AT&T? What state are you in? Unless ur in the middle of Montana or Wyoming ur probs better off with AT&T 

Pretty sure OP is just trolling at this point

I wish I was only trolling. This struggle is very real

Why not join a superior network like AT&T? What state are you in? Unless ur in the middle of Montana or Wyoming ur probs better off with AT&T 

Unless your current carrier is giving you serious loyalty bonuses then you might want to switch.CDMA by itself is a pain in the ass

I would still call the customer service beforehand though as they probaly will give you a discount if you;ve been with them for 5 plus years

My life