Quick Question (EVGA non-conductive pad)

Hi guys, I am currently putting my waterblocks on my gpus. My GPUs came with a non-conductive film from EVGA. I was wondering if I needed to use this and then put the thermal pad ontop of it, or put just the thermal pad and not use the non conductive pad.

Thanks in advance!

4930k @ 4.5Ghz - 32GB Corsair Vengance Pro 2133Mhz - Asus Rampage IV Extreme Black edition - 780Ti Classified SLI watercooled

Samsung EVO 1TB SDD - 2x 3TB Seagate barracuda - AX1200i - Corsair 900D

Corsair K70 brown - Razer Mamba - X-Star 2710 @ 120hz - Beyerdynamic DT990 Premium 250Ohm

There should be nothing between thermal pads and components. It would defeat the point of the thermal pad.

What GPUs did this film come with and could you take a picture?

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

There should be nothing between thermal pads and components. It would defeat the point of the thermal pad.

What GPUs did this film come with and could you take a picture?

I've already finished one gpu and I didn't put the pad on because I thought it would defeat the thermal pad's purpose.

It was an EVGA 780Ti classified, here is a picture of the film and instructions.

QLXCajZ.jpg

EK mentioned nothing about it in their instructions either, so it must be for something else.

4930k @ 4.5Ghz - 32GB Corsair Vengance Pro 2133Mhz - Asus Rampage IV Extreme Black edition - 780Ti Classified SLI watercooled

Corsair K70 brown - Razer Mamba - X-Star 2710 @ 120hz - Beyerdynamic DT990 Premium 250Ohm

Thermal pads (usually) aren't conductive so it should just do the same job.

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

I have seen clips on youtube where people used thermal pads and thermal paste... which doesn´t really make too much sense. Just use the thermal pads that are within the box and you will be fine for a GPU.

For sure the chip itself must always have thermal paste :) .

GreetZ Naj

Intel i7 7820X (delidded) @ 4.9GHz - MSI X299 M7 ACK + EKWB Fullcover Block - G.Skill Trident Z 32GB @ 3466MHz - nVidia Titan Xp + EKWB Fullcover Block @ 2.1GHz - Samsung 960Pro 2x - WDD Blue 2TB - Seasonic 750W Platinum - modded Corsair 600C - Hardtubed Custom Watercooling

Thanks guys. Here's a pic of my rig while I'm leak testing now :D

zZgEg8Jh.jpg

evga's warranty covers cards even after adding a 3rd party cooler, that's why I think they added this, in case some one uses a conductive pad on their VRMs, since the best thermally conductive pads are also electrically conductive. but most people don't use them since there is very little point in using conductive TIMs.

Looks very nice ;) . I'd say good job!

GreetZ Naj

Intel i7 7820X (delidded) @ 4.9GHz - MSI X299 M7 ACK + EKWB Fullcover Block - G.Skill Trident Z 32GB @ 3466MHz - nVidia Titan Xp + EKWB Fullcover Block @ 2.1GHz - Samsung 960Pro 2x - WDD Blue 2TB - Seasonic 750W Platinum - modded Corsair 600C - Hardtubed Custom Watercooling

Thanks guys. Here's a pic of my rig while I'm leak testing now :D

zZgEg8Jh.jpg

Why do you have milk in there?

Curing shitposts by shitposts

Why do you have milk in there?

He is most likely using Mayhems Pastel White coolant in there or much less likely the better quality Ice Dragon Nanofluid coolant.

Milk haha that would be a good carrier for bacterias :D .