Asus ROG Spitfire [USB Dongle]

whatthe_fuzz

So the Spitfire is basically a small USB soundcard. It was bundled with my Orion Pro headset. I've been using it in conjunction with my heaset for around 2 months now. Every now and then I'll plug my headphones in and wow. It's not "mind blowing" but its definitely noticeably better than onboard. 

It connects via USB with ports for a mic and audio in. 

Testing Equipment 

For the record, I'm listening with AKG K240's. 

Reason for the K240's over my XB-500 (HEAVY bass) I wanted the clearest possible sound. The only advantage the XB-500's would offer would be bass changes. The K240's are very light on the bass side. Lacking any true depth.  **Not complaining, just stating! They're an amazing headphone**

Thoughts

With the Spitfire (Amp+FPS modes on/ Surround off) I began to notice spots in songs where the bass wasn't present before. The FPS mode really brings out the lows. Which fixed my biggest complaint with the K240's. 

Songs are a tad noisy (static-y) but that could be due to the song i do tests with. The song has some noise at the beginning that is quite noticeable. 

Final Thought

For the extra $25, I say why not. 

One major complaint is the Spitfire will change the volume...sporadically. I can notice when the bass starts to get deeper everything kinda fades out. Weird but oh well. The Spitfire is made to improve gaming but it definitely improves casual listening. Works amazingly with the headset and really improves shooters with the 7.1 Virtual surround. I can hear footsteps and base which direction the enemy is. It works very well in this aspect.

WILL TEST AGAIN with Fiio E10 whenever I get my hands on it :D

Pro

Non-Pro

also featured on the Vulcan Pro

Both links are affiliated with LTT so any purchases from the URL benefit Linus, Slick and the Team

Big Bertha3570k @ 4.5GhzASRock Fatal1ty Z777970 DCUII TOP EVGA GTX 780Swiftech H220 w/ NF-F1216GB RAM128GB Kingston HyperX 3K1TB Western Digital Black40GB Western Digital Raptor 10K PeripheralsMionix 3200 MouseCMStorm Quickfire Rapid w/ Cherry MX Blues2 x Dell U2713HM AudioAsus ROG Orion Pro HeadsetSony XB-500AKG K240Bose AE2i​Fiio E10

Samsung Galaxy S45.0" 1920x1080p Super AMOLED screen16GB Storage2600 mAh battery1.9Ghz quad-core Krait CPU2GB RAMCyanogenMod CameraNikon D310018x55mm NIKKOR VR Lens14.2 MP

why did you change your profile picture? it's so lame :P

it was late. i found it oddly intriguing  :rolleyes:

it was either that or 'Catz in Space'

huzqc.gif

Big Bertha3570k @ 4.5GhzASRock Fatal1ty Z777970 DCUII TOP EVGA GTX 780Swiftech H220 w/ NF-F1216GB RAM128GB Kingston HyperX 3K1TB Western Digital Black40GB Western Digital Raptor 10K PeripheralsMionix 3200 MouseCMStorm Quickfire Rapid w/ Cherry MX Blues2 x Dell U2713HM AudioAsus ROG Orion Pro HeadsetSony XB-500AKG K240Bose AE2i​Fiio E10

Samsung Galaxy S45.0" 1920x1080p Super AMOLED screen16GB Storage2600 mAh battery1.9Ghz quad-core Krait CPU2GB RAMCyanogenMod CameraNikon D310018x55mm NIKKOR VR Lens14.2 MP

it was late. i found it oddly intriguing  :rolleyes:

it was either that or 'Catz in Space'

huzqc.gif

nah someone already took it