A strange situation

JackDoyne

So basically i'm using a Hyper X Cloud 2 on my PS4 and it's super quiet like really quiet regardless if it's plugged in via USB or into the controller, 

My TV doesn't have a headphone Jack either 

What are my options? get a DAC? or something, it has to support 4k@60hz 

Any ideas?

You could get a headphone amp/dac or a normal dac or for the TV, just a normal male 3.5" to female USB adapter.

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

36 minutes ago, Leonard said:

You could get a headphone amp/dac or a normal dac or for the TV, just a normal male 3.5" to female USB adapter.

I was thinking that, how would i use it though? the PS4 takes up a HDMI port and there is no 3.5mm Jack on the TV

Your TV might have an optical/SPDIF out.  Some DACs take SPDIF as input.

2 hours ago, JackDoyne said:

I was thinking that, how would i use it though? the PS4 takes up a HDMI port and there is no 3.5mm Jack on the TV

What is the TV model?

2 hours ago, Leonard said:

What is the TV model?

4 hours ago, beyonddc said:

Your TV might have an optical/SPDIF out.  Some DACs take SPDIF as input.

I've bought a DAC: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B074P5PHYM/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

this is my plan bear with me - Optical audio to optical audio into my Sony soundbar (My TV has no Optical out just HDMI ARC) then the soundbar to my TV using HDMI ARC, and then i can plug my headphones in the front and they will work, all is okay, hopefully 

10 hours ago, JackDoyne said:

I've bought a DAC: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B074P5PHYM/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

this is my plan bear with me - Optical audio to optical audio into my Sony soundbar (My TV has no Optical out just HDMI ARC) then the soundbar to my TV using HDMI ARC, and then i can plug my headphones in the front and they will work, all is okay, hopefully 

Nice, that should be fine, just make sure you have the signal going to the proper in and out of each device. Enjoy.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/8/2018 at 5:10 AM, Leonard said:

Nice, that should be fine, just make sure you have the signal going to the proper in and out of each device. Enjoy.

Finally sorted this 

the first DAC didn't work, well it did kind of.. i plugged my audio technicas in and i could hear a local radio station xD so a replacement DAC solved this 

thanks for your help