F:\ Application not found?

ScreamSlasher5X

I've got my disc drive hooked up and I'm trying to watch a DVD, upon clicking it I get an error F:\ Application not found. It's shown that there isn't anything stored on the disc when I know for a fact that there is. Disc is completely fine, it's basically brand new. I've not watched a DVD on my computer for ages as in a physical disc, on W7 I could just slot the disc in and everything worked perfectly. Any clue? EDIT: Running W8.1

Make sure the disc works on another dvd reader first.

Second, try another dvd and see if that works.

Third, let us know!

3 minutes ago, NinJake said:

Make sure the disc works on another dvd reader first.

Second, try another dvd and see if that works.

Third, let us know!

Don't have a second reader. I've used the disc on my console, that's how I know the disc works.

Swapped disc, tells me what's on this disc by name, click it and it opens up to the files on the disc. Swapped disc back and the same thing happened (Opened up into files)

1 minute ago, NinJake said:

So you can read the files now on your computer?

No. What I meant by read was as in when I click the disc it opens up into folders where I can access audio and video.

Can you post a screenshot of what you see?

Delete.png

Hmm... you might be missing some files required to "autoplay" that? If you go into the video folder are there any video files you can play or audio files in the audio folder you can listen to?

Hmm... you might be missing some files required to "autoplay" that? If you go into the video folder are there any video files you can play or audio files in the audio folder you can listen to?

The icon for the files on both video and audio are a blank page, when I try to open it, it wants me to select what I want to open it with. I tried opening it with media player that comes with windows but it doesn't accept it. Is there a trustable media player that I can install and try. I don't know if any that are completely trustable.

go to ninite.com (it's a website that has a BUNCH of tested and true installers like firefox, chrome, 7zip, etc)

Go to the media section and check the VLC and mpc-HC media players. They are the two media players I use at home and install throughout our work network. (mainly the police department, as they are always referencing different evidence videos in different file formats.)

This will also install any software you check w/o any of the bloat that tries to sneak on your system if you miss a checkbox somewhere.

6 minutes ago, NinJake said:

go to ninite.com (it's a website that has a BUNCH of tested and true installers like firefox, chrome, 7zip, etc)

Go to the media section and check the VLC and mpc-HC media players. They are the two media players I use at home and install throughout our work network. (mainly the police department, as they are always referencing different evidence videos in different file formats.)

Well I have a VLC now. The disc's opened fine and it's also playing the DVD as we speak. Fuck knows why it just doesn't let me play the DVD out right without having to install a separate software.

7 minutes ago, NinJake said:

Also while we're both here. Do you know how to remove the black border? I know older films feature them, though I use to remove them by changing my TV's resolution, as far as I am aware I cannot do this on my monitor.

To be fair I personally use MPC-HC more than VLC but I know VLC tends to be a bit more user friendly. and I should have clarified, on ninite the checkbox you want for MPC-HC is called "K-lite codecs". If there's a way you'd probably be able to look through the preferences somewhere to attempt and fix the black border.

6 minutes ago, NinJake said:

To be fair I personally use MPC-HC more than VLC but I know VLC tends to be a bit more user friendly. and I should have clarified, on ninite the checkbox you want for MPC-HC is called "K-lite codecs". If there's a way you'd probably be able to look through the preferences somewhere to attempt and fix the black border.

I've figured out how to crop it. Appreciate the help my dude.