All games low fps after windows update?

Go to solution Solved by partymarty,

You could try DDU and reinstall the GeForce drivers. Just to be sure that it is not driver related :)

Hey guys, so I  finally did the windows update it's been asking me to do but ever since I did, I can't play any game without it having a really low frame rate. Even easy to run games like Dota 2 or Smite won't run and games that I used to get 60+fps on are now running at around 20 fps. I checked all my drivers were up to date and I've checked my temperatures in case they had something to do with it but they're fine too.

Here's my specs (Laptop):
GTX 970M
i7 4720HQ

16gb ram

1TB 7200RPM

If anyone can help me out it would be greatly appreciated!

You're most likely using integrated graphics, to disable or check whether you are or not, Go to Nvidia Control panel and make sure global settings are set to use the dedicated GPU, 970M.

31 minutes ago, ErykYT3 said:

You're most likely using integrated graphics, to disable or check whether you are or not, Go to Nvidia Control panel and make sure global settings are set to use the dedicated GPU, 970M.

Just checked and it's set to use the 970m so unfortunately that's not what's causing it.

10 hours ago, Flanelman said:

Just checked and it's set to use the 970m so unfortunately that's not what's causing it.

That's usually the problem so if it isn't I don't know what is. 

Post on some other forums, see if they can help.

Good Luck.

You could try DDU and reinstall the GeForce drivers. Just to be sure that it is not driver related :)

PC Specs: Intel Core i7-8700k - Asus ROG Z370 MAXIMUS X HERO - 2x8gb Kingston Predator DDR4 3200MHz - MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti gaming X Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 - Samsung 850 PRO 256gb - Samsung 850 EVO 500gb - Seagate Barracuda 2tb - Fractal Design Meshify C - Asus PCE-AC56 - Be Quiet! Straight Power 10 CM 700W.

Peripherals: Corsair K70 LUX - Steelseries Rival 310 - Dell S2417DG - Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro - Audioengine D1.

23 hours ago, partymarty said:

Yeah re installing my GPU drivers fixed the issue, thanks! :)