Vertical Sync

HristoBB

Hi there i have a 32inch Full HD 60Hz Panasonic monitor and i have a gtx 780 which runs all games that i like at over 60fps so i want to ask if there is a need for using this setting in games.
I do see some tearing but i can also see this with the vertical sync on .. well it happens rarely but still happens.And my video card is running much cooler when the vertical sync is switched on.
For example i played League of Legends today with V-sync on and my card was running at 34-36degrees and when i switched V-Sync to off my fps went from 60 to like 200 and above ,well that was to be expected ,but also my card started working at 45-50 degrees.
yesterday i was playing Shadow of War at everything except texture qualitiy set to max due to not enough video ram.
With Vsync card was running like 71degrees all the time and without it it tops to 79 which is the temperature target of this card and definitely not  a comfortable temperature for me despite having a big tower case and pretty beefy cooling on the card itself since it's from Gainward and it's GLH edition.
So what's your opinion should i use V-Sync or i should stick without it since the games have much better should i call it latency ? or less delay from my inputs.

I mean if you are happy playing at lower fps on League etc and temps being cooler then yeah leave it on but if not then maybe upgrade your monitor?, I mean i have a 75hz monitor and i never have turned on v-sync, i see some tearing but never really bothered me, i've just got on with it. I am going to invest in a new monitor at some point anyway. Like i say, If you are not happy with the tearing then maybe upgrade the monitor i guess?

Case: Lian-Li PC-011 Dynamic  CPUi7-7700k (4.8ghz) CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Case Fans: 5x ML120 RGB / 2x LL120  GPU: Aorus RTX 2080 Xtreme Motherboard: ASUS ROG STRIX Z270H RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 (3200mhz) Storage: 2x 1TB SG Barracuda, 128gb BiWin M.2 SSD PSU: Corsair RM650x OS: Windows 10 

Actually tearing doesn't bother me at all i was curious what people are doing .. maybe i'm going to buy some new monitor too 

thanks