Password Managers

spree

I have some questions for you guys

*Do you think password managers are good?

*Is cloud managers less secure than storing locally?

* If yes ^^ what happens if you then instead get a virus on your computer? Wouldn't storing them locally be less safe now?

* Your favorite password manager?

-Thanks!

notepad 

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | Corsair H100i Pro | ASRock X570 Phantom Gaming 4 | Corsair Vengeance 32GB 2x16gb @ 3200mhz  | Vega 64 @ Stock | Fractal Design Define R4 | Corsair RM750

ThinkPad T480 | Intel Core i7 8650u | Nvidia MX150 | 32GB DDR4 @ 2400mhz | Samsung 840 Pro 1tb | 1080p touchscreen

I use a I conspicuously named,  pki secured word document..

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

Your brain is the best, but personally I write them on paper and keep it in my wallet unmarked so if you found my wallet you wouldn’t know what it is 

As long as the password manager has encryption and a strong password, either works. The worst thing you could do is store your passwords in plaintext.

[Out-of-date] Want to learn how to make your own custom Windows 10 image?

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

Server 02: Intel i7 7700K | Gigabye Z170N Gaming5 | 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz

lastpass works well enough for me. Don't know if it's too secure, but I just store my "whatever" account passwords on there. They've got really nice cross-platform capabilities, good extensions, and easy strong password generation.

Bank, paypal, any account info related to money I would never trust to be sent to someone else's machine unless I'm buying something from them.

Want to know which mobo to get?

Spoiler

Choose whatever you need. Any more, you're wasting your money. Any less, and you don't get the features you need.

Only you know what you need to do with your computer, so nobody's really qualified to answer this question except for you.

chEcK iNsidE sPoilEr fOr a tREat!

KeePass. Keep the file on a nas or usb as well as on your desktop and like any important data back it up regularly.  You can keep it online too if your master password is strong enough.  Mine is over 20 characters and I wouldn't worry if the file got stolen.