Difficult decision . [HELP]

Mukessh

Hey guys . I currently have a Matrix 280X that I'm gonna sell in my country for $384 . I already have a buyer for it . I would like to do custom wc in Feb . 

There's 1 person who wants to trade a Reference GTX 680 + Koolance waterblock + $100 for my card . 

There is another person who wants to sell his Zotac GTX 770 Amp! for $320 . 

The only difference is that the GTX 680 is almost 2 years old and the 770 is about 5 months old . I really wanna save as much money as possible in my wc project . 

If I go 680 : I have to buy for the 680 is a backplate . 

If I go 770 : I have to buy a waterblock and a backplate . 

What do you guys think I should go for ? 

680. It comes with a block and money. 

The 770 is just slightly faster.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

680. It comes with a block and money. 

The 770 is just slightly faster.

I thought about that . The only thing that bothers me is that the 680 is almost 2 years old . 

I thought about that . The only thing that bothers me is that the 680 is almost 2 years old . 

Doesn't matter imo.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Why do you want the backplate?

The performance difference between the 680 and 770 is like 10%, the 770 is magnially better. 

My vote is for the 680.

CPU: i7 4770k @ 4.3Ghz with NH-D14 | RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz | Motherboard: ASUS Maximus VI Hero | GPU: SLI GTX780 Windforce | SSD: Samsung 840 Pro | HDD: WD Black | PSUEVGA SuperNova 1300W | Case: Fractal Define R4 | Monitor: X-Star DP2710 1440p @ 96Hz | Mouse: DeathAdder  | Keyboard: CM Storm CherryMX Red | Headset: Kraken Pro | Headphones: HE-400

Which really isnt a problem since it was top of line then and its still the same architecture as the currrent cards.

It's up to you. Do you want to take the risk? It's just like buying anything used. There's going to be a chance that it will die soon after you buy it or last for years to come. PERSONALLY I think that the 680 is a GREAT deal considering it can sell by itself for as much as 350 used. Add the water block and 100 and that's pretty much a $500+ value. Now here's another thing you have to take into consideration. If there's a water block coming with that card, it's pretty safe to assume that there was some overclocking done with that card. Therefore, it's life was probably shortened.

Hope that helped.

The performance difference between the 680 and 770 is like 10%, the 770 is magnially better. 

My vote is for the 680.

uhh.... No. It isnt anywhere near 10% It's lower single digit. It is a rebrand. 680 and 770 are almost identical.

I'd also go with the 680.

My vote is for the 680.

The backplate for looks when doing a custom loop . 

Which really isnt a problem since it was top of line then and its still the same architecture as the currrent cards.

After 2 years old , chances of it dying is high . 

It's up to you. Do you want to take the risk? It's just like buying anything used. There's going to be a chance that it will die soon after you buy it or last for years to come. PERSONALLY I think that the 680 is a GREAT deal considering it can sell by itself for as much as 350 used. Add the water block and 100 and that's pretty much a $500+ value. Now here's another thing you have to take into consideration. If there's a water block coming with that card, it's pretty safe to assume that there was some overclocking done with that card. Therefore, it's life was probably shortened.

Hope that helped.

The owner himself said he did some minor overclocking . 

post-9293-0-31874600-1387352078.jpg

It also has an Asic score of 85.5% . 

post-9293-0-55339100-1387352086.jpg

uhh.... No. It isnt anywhere near 10% It's lower single digit. It is a rebrand. 680 and 770 are almost identical.

I'd also go with the 680.

5699 vs 6245 in Passmark = 9.8%.  Realistically in games this number is considerably smaller

Source: http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/video_lookup.php?gpu=GeForce+GTX+770

CPU: i7 4770k @ 4.3Ghz with NH-D14 | RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz | Motherboard: ASUS Maximus VI Hero | GPU: SLI GTX780 Windforce | SSD: Samsung 840 Pro | HDD: WD Black | PSUEVGA SuperNova 1300W | Case: Fractal Define R4 | Monitor: X-Star DP2710 1440p @ 96Hz | Mouse: DeathAdder  | Keyboard: CM Storm CherryMX Red | Headset: Kraken Pro | Headphones: HE-400

The backplate for looks when doing a custom loop . 

After 2 years old , chances of it dying is high . 

The owner himself said he did some minor overclocking . 

attachicon.gifIMG-20131218-WA0005.jpg

It also has an Asic score of 85.5% . 

attachicon.gifIMG-20131218-WA0007.jpg

Ok, if that is all the overclocking he did, you're probably on the safe side. however, you never truly know if they are telling the whole truth or not. Also, not every chip is the same :/. But from how it looks, and if the person is honest, it's a great deal. That overclock shouldn't shorten the lifespan of the GPU at all.