Heavy Heaksink on Mini-ITX board

Go to solution Solved by CrippledROBOT,
33 minutes ago, darcymccracken said:

Hey, I'm looking to build a PC and before I purchase the components, I'm worried that my CPU cooler will be too heavy for the motherboard. I'm wanting to pair the Be Quiet - Dark Rock TF with the z370I gaming pro carbon ac. Will the cooler be too heavy for the motherboard and break it maybe? Has anyone else had this issue?

I've been building PCs for about a decade now. Never encountered that issue. I've also transported many PCs for fairly long distances via car (therefore creating fairly high shock stress to the components). Never had any issues. I would not worry about it, especially if you install the board and cooler properly. As @W-L said, there is a reason why CPU coolers include a backplate ;) 

Hey, I'm looking to build a PC and before I purchase the components, I'm worried that my CPU cooler will be too heavy for the motherboard. I'm wanting to pair the Be Quiet - Dark Rock TF with the z370I gaming pro carbon ac. Will the cooler be too heavy for the motherboard and break it maybe? Has anyone else had this issue?

29 minutes ago, darcymccracken said:

It's not an issue, the heatsink has a large backplate to help distribute the forces for mounting. 

33 minutes ago, darcymccracken said:

I've been building PCs for about a decade now. Never encountered that issue. I've also transported many PCs for fairly long distances via car (therefore creating fairly high shock stress to the components). Never had any issues. I would not worry about it, especially if you install the board and cooler properly. As @W-L said, there is a reason why CPU coolers include a backplate ;) 

TF is rather small when it comes to heatsinks. You will be just fine.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv