Huawei MateBook X Pro - Ultra thin borders all arround display. Where the webcam? It's a Keyboard key!

GoodBytes
6 hours ago, Trixanity said:

Well, good news then: lots of laptops have touch screens. This one does too. 10-point touch with Gorilla glass and an oleophobic coating.

Yaay :D

F#$k timezone programming. Use UTC! (See XKCD #1883)

PC Specs:

Ryzen 5900x, MSI 3070Ti, 2 x 1 TiB SSDs, 32 GB 3400 DDR4, Cooler Master NR200P

• 1 month later...
47 minutes ago, Lapwing68 said:

nice review actually, at least it isn't "the verge" just titleing as "another macbook copy, 2 out of 10" because "oh we are fans of apple".

no launch date yet though, pretty disappointed. I've just bought a Matebook X so... :/ will have to pass on the Pro model.

Well, it's objectively better than any current generation macbook pro for half the price, so... maybe Apple should be the ones copying them.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

18 minutes ago, Sauron said:

Well, it's objectively better than any current generation macbook pro for half the price, so... maybe Apple should be the ones copying them.

Next apple conferance. "We present you the Butterfly retina hidden webcam in a never done before location"

21 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

Next apple conferance. "We present you the Butterfly retina hidden webcam in a never done before location"

Oh wait, they don't have an f-row anymore... I guess they'll put it under the touch pad, à la magic mouse charger port

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

43 minutes ago, Sauron said:

i wouldn't be surprised if apple starts copying huawei, no. 

next macbook "we have the thinnest bezels in the world with our retina screen... now tactile! thin, premium finish! fanless design using MEPCM (aerospace cooling)! only 4999$!!!!!"

on a more serious note, took a long time for a random, phone manufacturer to put a nearly bezel-less screen on a laptop, which is something I have been wanting for years. So expect a ton of notebooks copying the matebook x pro soon xD 

now, let's just find a way to install macos on the matebook x pro, put an apple sticker on huawei's logo and see how many people we can fool :P "oh, this? it's apple's new macbook, the macbook x pro, totally not a matebook, no! designed in california, made in china"

One thing that is nice about the device is that there is plenty of room to place quality stickers all over the back of it. Putting stickers on it and noone will thing its a Huawei device. They will uist be impressed you put windows on the mac and asking why da hell you escaped the apple priso....*cough i mean "ecosystem"