Unsure how to proceed...

So when I bought the parts to my computer I was thinking I would get the best CPU but cheap out on the RAM and go middle grounds on the MB.... But I just found out recently that my MB maker ASROCK did something a bit sneaky... When they found out that one of their MBs ... The one I own... had a problem with the RAM not overclocking or running at clockspeeds faster than 2133Mhz at all.... instead of recalling the boards they just stopped making more and "fixed" it with a BIOS update that if they didn't remove the option entirely then I can't find where they hid it... then they said that it would pretty much be the very last BIOS update the board will ever get...

Now the RAM OC thing doesn't bother me too much in the present but it will bother the hell out of me when the RAM prices stabilize and I finally decide to fix my slow and lopsided RAM....

also I currently only make use of one 16x PCIE lane and two 4x (or are they 1x?) PCIE lanes although I could get rid of one of my NICs and just use USB when logged into linux (I rarely do)

So with ^that^ said, should I get a smaller MB and case?

derp

Is this your Ryzen 7, Askrock X370 Gaming K4 build?

Want to know which mobo to get?

Spoiler

Choose whatever you need. Any more, you're wasting your money. Any less, and you don't get the features you need.

Only you know what you need to do with your computer, so nobody's really qualified to answer this question except for you.

chEcK iNsidE sPoilEr fOr a tREat!

25 minutes ago, Linksys120n said:

I don't know about your board, but on the most recent BIOS update my B350 Fatal1ty(Pro 4) board can do 2933mhz  on some Rip Jaws V

There also aren't really that many great Micro ATX cases I think, unless you meant you wanted an ITX system.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

2 hours ago, bob51zhang said:

Is this your Ryzen 7, Askrock X370 Gaming K4 build?

yes it is.

2 hours ago, Streetguru said:

I don't know about your board, but on the most recent BIOS update my B350 Fatal1ty(Pro 4) board can do 2933mhz  on some Rip Jaws V

There also aren't really that many great Micro ATX cases I think, unless you meant you wanted an ITX system.

and Yeah I was thinking Micro ATX

Edit: I saw on newegg there are no Micro ATX boards with x370 and only a few have 4 RAM slots.

derp

Um hello? do you guys think that I have a good reason to want to upgrade my MB? What size should I get? should I get another full ATX? Micro? Mini?

derp