Specs: AMD FX 8350, Gigabyte GTX 770 2gb, MSI 970 Gaming mobo, 16gb RAM, 1TB SATA hard drive for files and important data and Windows 10 Pro, 256gb ssd for games and really important files, and a 750W power supply. Built this PC around 2015 Christmas time.

I’ve looked up plenty of “2018 auto repair loop working” command prompt videos on youtube and do exactly what it says, and it works, until it restarts and goes back into a loop. I tried reinstalling windows, I get the stop code “Critical_Process_Died”. I then formatted my only usb so I can burn an image of linux on the usb and try to get an OS running on the pc. It won’t even boot the OS from the BIOS, even with Legacy enabled. I tried Resetting this pc with the keep all files option and it fails. I need help PLEEEEEEASE.

Btw all I wanted to do was play a game I bought on steam with the controller I use for other games such as rocket league, and of course it wouldn’t work so I tried downloading DS4Windows because that usually would work, and it didn’t. Then tried downloading a driver I saw from a youtube video, called HIDGuardian, and after that didn’t work I uninstalled it but apparently HIDGuardian decided to pair with all my devices like my keyboard AND mouse. And of course they both turned off and I tried unplugging and plugging in the usb’s and restarting my computer for like 30 minutes and then the loop began. So I assume it is a driver problem. 

Get a windows installation usb and boot from that. Than you set ur PC to a drifferent backup cause auto backup is normally on

|| CPU: I7 6950X @4.6 (1.35V) || Cooler: CUSTOM EK LOOP || Motherboard: ASUS RAMPAGE V EDITION 10

|| GPU: 2x Vega 64 Strix OC @1762 / 1100 MHz || Memory: 16GB G.Skill Royal RGB 3200 Mhz ||

HDD: Segate Barracuda 3TB || SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 512 GB || PSU: Corsair HX 1200 W || Case: Fractal Design Define R6 Gunmetal || Fans: Corsair HD120 (x4) / BeQuiet Silent Wings 3 (x4) || Monitor: ACER XF27HU ||

Second Monitor: BENQ RL2455HM || Mouse: Logitech G502 Pretus Core || Keyboard: Logitech G810 Orion Spectrum || Headphones: Sennheiser IE80 ||

Buildlog expirience swapping to x99: 

I physically can’t get a windows usb from anyone.

Now my PC, everytime I start it up, say “Critical_Process_Died” as it’s stopcode on the blue screen of death. Which I saw is either a harddrive, RAM, or on rare occasion is a CPU Problem... what do I do?

• 2 months later...

I ran into a nearly identical issue this week -- here is what I did:

1. Turn on your computer, wait for the Windows loading screen (with the rotating half-circle), 

2. When you see the rotating half-circle, immediately unplug your computer entirely to shut it down, 

3. Plug your computer back in 10 seconds later,

4. Repeat steps 1-3 once or twice,

5. Windows should now boot into recovery mode the next time you turn it on. 

In the recovery mode, the mouse/keyboard actually work.

You can try to use the automatic restore-points that Windows 10 saves for you.

Now I am back up and running thanks to some janky Windows 10 shenanigans. 

Hope this helps anyone who randomly stumbles upon this thread like I did.