building a new pc HELP ME

hi guyz,

im new in this site and i just wanna ask u some very important things about my new pc.

Mainly,im gonna build a gaming desktop.(<=1200 euro)

Lets start with my i5 4670k.i think its the best choise for gaming and for my wallet!

motherboard:gigabyte ga z87m d3h

RAm:corsair vengance (2x4GB) blue edition 1600mhz

****i want to ask something about this:should i take 1600mhz ram or 1866 is better for gaming??????

Graphics card:

some people say that intel cpu matches better with nvidia graphics cards and amd cpus with amd gpus.

So, with my intel i5 4670k i think that a good choice is gtx 760 gigabyte rev.2 (2gb)

BUT i saw the benchmarks of the new radeon r9 280x(gigabyte too)  which is  20 euros more expensive than gtx 760 gigabyte and im really think about taking r9 280x.

SOME GOOD TIPS about this pls....

Can i just make a quick suggestion that you use PCPartpicker website to create your build. its easier for us to take a look at it that way. It also means you get the cheapest parts :)

And yes the 280x is well worth it (if you can find one in stock)

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

r9 280x is better and ram speed dont matter that much for gaming (BF4 shows sign of having an advantage with faster ram but not that much) .

The r9 280x is on par with the 770 (almost) so for just 20 euros its worth it I think.

Can i just make a quick suggestion that you use PCPartpicker website to create your build. its easier for us to take a look at it that way. It also means you get the cheapest parts :)

And yes the 280x is well worth it (if you can find one in stock)

Euros mean europe, hopefully hes luckier than us

Speed of ram doesn't really matter. Higher speed is better but only barely so and I wouldn't pay more for faster ram.

Brand of cpus and gpus don't matter. An amd card would work just as well with intel as it would with amd. Same goes for Nvidia.

For gaming, I'd spend less on the cpu and pour more money onto the gpu as games are much more gpu bound than the cpu for the most part.

The 280x is quite a bit more powerful than the 760 and is neck to neck with the 770.

Where are you shopping?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

really thanks to all guys!!

yeah im greek im not from america but i have gone to texas

So i think that r9 280x would be the best choice for me.

Here in greece r9 280x costs 270 euros-370 euros(depends on brands.U know gigabyte,sapphire,asus...)

Are you sure you want to go with mATX for the motherboard/case size? mATX doesn't offer the most expansion.

i5 4670K | ASUS Z87 Gryphon | EVGA GTX 780 Classified | Kingston HyperX black 16GB |  Kingston HyperX 3K 120GB SSD | Seagate Barracude 3TB - RAID 1 | Silverstone Strider Plus 750W 80Plus Silver | CoolerMaster Hyper 212X | Fractal Design Define Mini 

really thanks to all guys!!

yeah im greek im not from america but i have gone to texas

So where are you shopping?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Are you sure you want to go with mATX for the motherboard/case size? mATX doesn't offer the most expansion.

mATX is plenty for most people. Unless you have many expansion cards and or are going for triple/quad sli/cf, there's little reason why mATX wouldn't be enough.

mATX is plenty for most people. Unless you have many expansion cards and or are going for triple/quad sli/cf, there's little reason why mATX wouldn't be enough.

I use mATX (Define Mini) and to be honest, every now and then, I do wish I had gone ATX (only because the R4 is a crap ton easier to mod than the Mini)  but how I see it is that for office use (the odd game perhaps), mITX is the best size but for "gamers" ATX seems to be size of choice since water cooling, modding is a heck of a lot easier in an ATX case. 

To be clear, I don't regret my choice in size at all, just the modding plans I have need to be done perfectly or else I'm kinda boned which annoys me :3 

i5 4670K | ASUS Z87 Gryphon | EVGA GTX 780 Classified | Kingston HyperX black 16GB |  Kingston HyperX 3K 120GB SSD | Seagate Barracude 3TB - RAID 1 | Silverstone Strider Plus 750W 80Plus Silver | CoolerMaster Hyper 212X | Fractal Design Define Mini 

I use mATX (Define Mini) and to be honest, every now and then, I do wish I had gone ATX (only because the R4 is a crap ton easier to mod than the Mini)  but how I see it is that for office use (the odd game perhaps), mITX is the best size but for "gamers" ATX seems to be size of choice since water cooling, modding is a heck of a lot easier in an ATX case. 

To be clear, I don't regret my choice in size at all, just the modding plans I have need to be done perfectly or else I'm kinda boned which annoys me :3 

mATX tends to be cheaper while itx will be more expensive than atx due to less popularity. Because of this matx is more economical while doing everything most people need.