Weird colored tubing

Hey guys

I hate to admit it, but I've sort of been neglecting my pc lately, and I just noticed the color of my tubing is sort of brownish. Is this due to some buildup in the loop, or just discoloration of the tubing? Also, when should I clean out my loop? I probably haven't cleaned it out in about a year, maybe longer... :/

20180221_213419.jpg

5 minutes ago, Any Random Name said:

Hey guys

I hate to admit it, but I've sort of been neglecting my pc lately, and I just noticed the color of my tubing is sort of brownish. Is this due to some buildup in the loop, or just discoloration of the tubing? Also, when should I clean out my loop? I probably haven't cleaned it out in about a year, maybe longer... :/

It's probably build up in the loop, your going to need to tear apart the whole loop and blocks to scrub it clean. As for maintenance it should be done every 6-12months. 

7 minutes ago, W-L said:

snip (agreed)

14 minutes ago, Any Random Name said:

i agree with W-L, i know little about custom loops, but i would assume to clean every 3-6 months just to be safe but like i said idk, i would take it apart (carefully) and watch everything (carefully)

MF UH BEANS

7 minutes ago, W-L said:

It's probably build up in the loop, your going to need to tear apart the whole loop and blocks to scrub it clean. As for maintenance it should be done every 6-12months. 

So I can't just drain out the loop and rinse it out with distilled water? Btw, the cooler I use is an expandable aio (swifttech h220 x2), if that means anything. 

6 minutes ago, Any Random Name said:

So I can't just drain out the loop and rinse it out with distilled water? Btw, the cooler I use is an expandable aio (swifttech h220 x2), if that means anything. 

No that won't work you will still have gunk and garbage in the loop that would make the issue come right back, your going to have to tear it all out clean it the blocks, and flush those rads.