Is It time to delid 7700k or for RMA

40 minutes ago, sloke123 said:

You are absolutely right, mine is running at 1.232(2~5% load). I guess I got the pretty bad one:(.

I thinking about RMA . Let see, may be this time I'll get the better one.

vcore1.jpg.1d1b7147df7d1764fe4424822e6dffd6.jpg

It doesn't necessarily mean it is a bad one. I would try manually setting the voltage to say 1.18 and see how it does. Then you can play with your offset or adaptive mode to get it to top out at that voltage.

*edit* on your Intelli manager. Try going to user mode and putting a - offset at .035. Then try doing a stress test at that voltage. If it is stable leave it for now... and if you ever get a blue screen or say a time when your pc wont wake... then just up the offset to .030. Until you have no issues.

The reason for this is that your cpu uses different power in different states... offset adjusts the voltage by the offset at all levels of them... so you need a good balance to make sure you aren't starving the cpu at lower states, while providing the right amount at the high end. The problem is adaptive only modifies your boost clocks and doesn't modify your voltage at lower states. Manual will just set the voltage constantly.

That isn't even going into Vdroop and LLC levels :-D.  That being said I would do the -.035 offset and see where that gets you

5 hours ago, AngryBeaver said:

It doesn't necessarily mean it is a bad one. I would try manually setting the voltage to say 1.18 and see how it does. Then you can play with your offset or adaptive mode to get it to top out at that voltage.

*edit* on your Intelli manager. Try going to user mode and putting a - offset at .035. Then try doing a stress test at that voltage. If it is stable leave it for now... and if you ever get a blue screen or say a time when your pc wont wake... then just up the offset to .030. Until you have no issues.

The reason for this is that your cpu uses different power in different states... offset adjusts the voltage by the offset at all levels of them... so you need a good balance to make sure you aren't starving the cpu at lower states, while providing the right amount at the high end. The problem is adaptive only modifies your boost clocks and doesn't modify your voltage at lower states. Manual will just set the voltage constantly.

That isn't even going into Vdroop and LLC levels :-D.  That being said I would do the -.035 offset and see where that gets you

I followed your instructions. Here are  the result

*Manual mode

I started with 1.18 volt but it failed. So I gradually increase the voltage. At 1.20 volt, I got a stable system. I did a 20 min stress test and the temps were at around 85~88°c, but one core(core 1) sometimes hit the 92°c.

*Offset mode

I started with -0.035 and at this value I got a stable system. So I did a 20 min stress test and the temps were  at around 85~88°c. None of the cores didn't go beyond 90°c.

So what you say? stick to the cpu and delid it for better result or go for RMA? 

**One thing I forgot to mention, I played games(AC Origins,GTA V) for an hour and the temps didn't go up over 78°c :)

Intel 7700k । Asus Maximus IX Hero । Gigabye GTX 980 Ti G1 Gaming । Gskill Ripjaws V 16 GB(2x8 GB) । Corsair Rm750x । Corsair H80i । Corsair Carbide 400R ।

They are slightly better, but still not something I would be happy with. Have you tried turning your AIO fan all the way up? If you pushing more air through it helps to decrease temps at any meaningful amount then chances are you will just need a better cooling solution too.

A 120mm AIO will struggle to compete with a decent air cooler once the TDP gets too high. That is because the RAD has a limit for the amount of heat it can move out of the water which means your water temp will get much higher than ambient (DeltaT)... so if your pump isnt u to par it can't move enough heat out to keep the delta low... meaning your loop gets over saturated with heat leading to much higher temps.

The only way to increase cooling in a water loop is to increase rad space or push more air through the radiator, but at a point air flow caps out on what it can do.  So like I said try cranking the fan all the way up and checking the temps (if it isn't already running at max).

1 hour ago, AngryBeaver said:

They are slightly better, but still not something I would be happy with. Have you tried turning your AIO fan all the way up? If you pushing more air through it helps to decrease temps at any meaningful amount then chances are you will just need a better cooling solution too.

A 120mm AIO will struggle to compete with a decent air cooler once the TDP gets too high. That is because the RAD has a limit for the amount of heat it can move out of the water which means your water temp will get much higher than ambient (DeltaT)... so if your pump isnt u to par it can't move enough heat out to keep the delta low... meaning your loop gets over saturated with heat leading to much higher temps.

The only way to increase cooling in a water loop is to increase rad space or push more air through the radiator, but at a point air flow caps out on what it can do.  So like I said try cranking the fan all the way up and checking the temps (if it isn't already running at max).

Unfortunately, it is running at max speed.. 2600 rpm.. Sorry I didn't mention that earlier :(

Intel 7700k । Asus Maximus IX Hero । Gigabye GTX 980 Ti G1 Gaming । Gskill Ripjaws V 16 GB(2x8 GB) । Corsair Rm750x । Corsair H80i । Corsair Carbide 400R ।

• 4 weeks later...

Halloo guys,
  I'm very much sorry for my belated reply. It is year ending time, there is a lot of work pressure in my office.
Anyway, I bought Cool Laboratory Liquid Ultra, 3D printed delid tool, and Thermaltake Core P5 open air PC Case.
1.thumb.jpg.81cd29c97f336674f6e3bd4165e2ffb9.jpg
 I made a cooler bracket also, coz my cooler's tube length is too short.

2.thumb.jpg.5b43695c210f7b0ac826a0378fdaa373.jpg

I delided the cpu and apply the CLU in between the CPU Die and IHS. Didn't use ant glue to relid it. Just use the CPU retention bracket that comes with the motherboard..

After a few minutes, I did a stress test and the result was astonishing. I didn't expect that.
Here is screenshot of 20 minutes stress test
11.jpg.ce72a9cc307caafab9cb98db65caf431.jpg
Cpu Temp never went over 75°c.
Thank you all for your valuable suggestions.