BSOD Windows 7 : dxgkrnl.sys - dxgmms1.sys - nvlddmkm.sys

crovean11

Hello!

I will try to describe the problem and the measures I have taken to try to get rid off it.

For several months now my PC randomly crashes while playing games.
(I play almost exclusively Dota 2, but it also happens while playing several other ones.)
The problem appeared out of nowhere on a system that was running just fine for months after it's previous Windows 7 reinstallation.

The screen just goes black in the middle of the game. The PC appears to be still running, but judging by the led lights on my keyboard for NUM CAPS and SCROLL I can tell that no input is possible anymore at that point, since i can not toggle them.
Therefore leaving my attempts to just ALT+F4 the problem or opening the task manager unsuccessful. In addition to that my Benq XL2410T Monitor shows a Message: "Signal out of range". As a result I am forced to reboot the PC by holding down the power button.

Sometimes I can even still communicate with friends in teamspeak right after the "crash" for a few seconds.

The problem occurs in a very random fashion, sometimes not for 2 days, other times twice within an hour.

What I have tried to get rid of the problem:
-reinstalling windows
-uninstalling anti virus software (avast)
-Bios Flash to the latest available version
-renewing realtek sound drivers
-trying out several GPU drivers (new beta versions, old versions that have been working previously)

My CPU used to be overclocked for years with out ever having a problem, I switched back to the original settings which also didn't help.

Windows 7 x64 SP1 retail version
Intel Core i5 750
Gigabyte P55M-UD2
DDR3 RAM (4*4GB)
Nvidia Geforce GTX 670
550W be quiet straight power

Mainboard, PSU and CPU are 5 years old, as is the HDD with the Windows installation. GPU and RAM are 1 year old.
The PC was originally bought from an online shop where the parts are being put together by themselves as far as I remember.

Thanks for your help!

Results.zip

Typically you see these errors when the video card is dying.

Take out your 670 and give it a good dusting. Might be clogging the fan with some dust up in there.

Could also be not enough power to the GPU.

X-10 - 7980XE - Gigabyte Aorous Gaming 9 - 128GB GSkill TridentZ RGB - SLI Asus GTX 1080 TI Strix
Easy Desk GuideMalware Removal Guide - New mobo, Same OS Guide