My AV setups

btg0002

I figured I might as well start a thread on how my apartment is currently configured. I will go through the living room and bedroom and add some tidbits about the overview of the setup as I go (pictures will be up tonight once I get home from work)

This isn't out of this world tech, just a reasonable setup to enjoy movies and video games when I am at home

LIVING ROOM

Panasonic 42" plasma 1080p HDTV (blacks on this are far better than the LCDs I have had in the past)

Pioneer VSX-520K (at the time it came out it was the cheapest AVR I could find with 3D support, but I never went the 3D route thankfully)

Google Chromecast (I actually just tried renting a movie on this last night and I must say picture was excellent and sound was 1000 times better than I anticipated)

Xbox One (paired to the TV with the 36 bit color blu rays look AMAZING IMO)

Fluance AVHTB 5 channel speakers (for the price these simply cannot be beaten, they sound amazing and have held up perfectly for the last 3 years)

Onkyo SKW204 subwoofer (I didn't need anything crazy, just enough to make the war movies and action scenes come to life)

Logitech Harmony One remote (picked it up as a refurb on Amazon 2 years back and this thing is still the best remote I have tried for my needs)

Belkin PureAV PF30 power conditioner/surge protector (I use this mainly as a surge protector/power strip as I haven't noticed any difference in quality with or without it)

Vizio XVTHP200 headphones (got these on clearance from Newegg for 40 bucks and they rock for when my fiance is asleep or doing something else)

Audio Technica AT-LP60 record player (I have an eclectic collection of records and like to spin 'em up every now and then)

BED ROOM

Just as a disclaimer for my bedroom, it has become a frankenstein of old parts as I use it only when laying down or on sunday mornings)

Sanyo 37" 1080p HDTV (not spectacular, but it gets the job done for a bedroom TV (blacks are mediocre but for the price it was a good deal)

Harmon Kardon AVR 1600 (solid AVR for the 70 bucks I got it for on ebay)

Google Chromecast (these, along with my phone and tablet, are the only things on my wireless as I HATE and ABHORE wifi)

Xbox 360 (it got kicked to the bedroom when I got the Xbox One, but I still use it for IP video services and to rent movies)

Memorex Blu Ray Player (gets the job done, nothing fancy at all)

Fluance center channel (got a steal on this on ebay and couldn't pass it up)

Monoprice front left/right bookshelf speakers (got them mainly to match visually with the Fluance, but they actually perform amazingly well for the very cheap price)

LG surrounds (nothing special at all, just the last remnants of an old "home theater in a box" and were a compromise for me to have surround with my fiance not wanting giant "ugly" speakers)

Belkin PureAV PF30 (used in the same situation as the same unit in the living room)

Logitech Harmony 700 remote (old remote that got replaced in the living room by the Harmony One)

Vizio XVTHP200 headphones (they were so good and so cheap I got 2 more sets, one for the bed room and one for my office PC)

NOTES

Everything except the Chromecasts are wired via ethernet and powerline back to my Cisco SR2024 24 port gigabit switch in my home office (powerline is via Cisco AV PLSK400 kits)

All HDMI cables are mediabridge cables (they are cheap on amazon and are excellent cables)

There is no subwoofer in the bedroom as I don't have a need for one, nor would my fiance be accommodating in me including one)

The internet is serviced by ATT Uverse 24Mbps (only option in my apartment complex)

There is another crappy Emerson 26" HDTV with a Chromecast and Vizio app-enabled blu ray player in the office, but its just there in case I want to watch something while I edit documents on the desktop) 

With today's technology I often wonder why we don't have colonies on the moon or Mars. Then I go to Wal Mart for 5 minutes and realize the vast majority of the human populace isn't ready for such things.